Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launching & LCA & Gear Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Launching & LCA & Gear Questions

Went to the track last Fri. night and ran good times with my new TCI 3500. Huge difference over stock. Pulled the left front off the ground a couple inches every run, got 1.60's & 1.61 sixty ft. times and now need a roll bar. As of right now all the car has power wise is SLP Cold Air kit & MAF & Lid, Hooker LT's, TCI 3500 w/shift kit & B&M Trans Cooler & ASP Pulleys with Et Streets & Draglites. Suspension wise it has a BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR Boxed Sub-Frames and HAL QAL Shocks w/front drag springs. Was running them at 3 on both sides in the front and at 4 in the right rear and 3 in the left rear. Anyways, when I launched the car it would pull to the right a little at first then straighten itself out. Questions now...

Would LCA's with poly bushings make any noticeable difference, help the car go straighter?
If so, would boxed or tubed be a better choice?
The shock settings are what I have always ran at the track, any suggestions on what to try next time at the track since adding the TC?
Going to add 3.73 gears soon, will that make a noticable difference over the 3.23's?
(still drive the car 150+ miles a week so don't really want to go to 4.11's yet)

Here are links to a couple vids, not great ones, but give you an idea of what I was tring to say about it pulling to the right a bit.
Back View
Side View

Thanks for your help & comments & suggestions.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have sub frame connecters, and shocks,Did you stiffen up the rears and see what happens, The car seemed to twist slightly to the right at launch. you could try lca to see if it helps, possibly airbags.1.61 is dam good for those mods, I would keep the 323s seeing as you drive the car alot You may only see a tenth or so in the 1/4 with 373s.I put BMR LCA,s on my car with relocation brackets and Im able to pull only 1.70s in stock trim with nittos, and low 1.6s on 90 shot of nitrous and yes the LCA,s and relocation brackets helped me bigtime on the nittos but i run stock suspension, springs and shocks, dam i wish i had your converter.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Hey SLJ we need to hook up some time so we can run. Im Jason M. on the other board.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks boomcase. The delivery guy left me some new BMR adj. chrome moly LCA's yesterday. Probably gonna put them on this weekend sometime & see what it does. Also gonna adj. the shocks more next time. The convertor made a bigger differance than I thought it would. Thinking I may keep the money I was gonna use for the 3.73's and put it towards a 12 bolt or a small cam kit.

Hey Jason. The other board is blocked for me at work now so I can't see it anymore. The new web filter here is blocking it right now because of the pop-ups. Probably will be in Evadale on the 13th, but not sure next time I can go to HRP. Hopefully soon after I add a couple more things.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) I say do the gears, it will help your sixty foot even more.

2)Watched that vid a few times, looks like the car wants to pull to the right the second you get on it, was even doing it in the burnout..I think the LCA's will help with this, have seen others have this problem fixed by using LCA's and playing with relocation bracket settings. if that doesn't do it, then maybe the car needs a bigger rear sway bar?

i would certainly try messing with you shock settings now..a converter will really change the dynamics of the car. I would say leave the fronts where you have them at first and put the backs both to about a 50/50 setting and work from there. That pull to the right could even be caused by not having both rear shocks on the same setting..
Old 12-04-2003, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

May do the gears after all... got a little bonus coming. And it would be cool if I could pull off a 1.5 something 60ft. time with this car.

Didnt get the relacation brackets & car has the sock rear sway bar. Those will probably be the next little things I change/add.

Have never really played around with the shocks much, plan on doing so next time at the track.

Thanks for the help & suggestions.