Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with Aeroforce Interceptors!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question People with Aeroforce Interceptors!

For anyone with an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge who has also been to the track, I have a quick question for you:

How close is the Aeroforce measured 1/4 mile time to you're actual track ET?

I realize the Aeroforce method is inherently flawed due to things like wheelspin and the refresh rate of the gauge, but I'd really like to get an idea of how close it really is.

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have no idea about your product but I have experience with a meter along the same lines of what you have.

It's a Beltronics Vector FX-2 and in my mid 12 second camaro I had it was within a tenth of a second and .5 mph in the quarter mile with the factory default settings!! With a little calibration and fine tuning (which there is plenty of) you can make this thing read damn near the same as your timeslips.

I bought it from a friend just because he was selling it super cheap, and when I tried it out one night at the track I was simply blown away that something that sticks to your window with suction cups and plugs in your cigarette lighter could be so accurate. One day next year I hope to try it out in my car when I am clicking off some 9 and 10 second runs and see if it is still that accurate in a faster car.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Actually, the type of device you're talking about would work better than these. Those devices use an accelerometer to do the measurement. The Aeroforce just uses speed sensor in the axle (through ODB-II). So wheelspin, speedometer calibration, etc all come into play.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tecmec
Actually, the type of device you're talking about would work better than these. Those devices use an accelerometer to do the measurement. The Aeroforce just uses speed sensor in the axle (through ODB-II). So wheelspin, speedometer calibration, etc all come into play.
Eww That sucks. I have saw them but didn't know much about them. The more I know about them, the more I don't like them...
Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

i have the aeroforce but i never used it against the dragstrips timing system, as it takes too long to set it up for a run. and i don't like holding up the line at the strip.

I have used it though and wheel spin throws it way off. It said i ran like a 1/2sec faster on the street than i ever have at the strip. But i was blowing the tires off.

Don't get me wrong though i love the rest of the guages features.

Quick Reply: People with Aeroforce Interceptors!