On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go from here?

The car currently has...

-3 pt SFCs welded
-MWCP Adjustable LCAs
-MWCP Adjustable panhard bar
-MWCP Adjustable tq arm
-Strange 12-bolt (spool, 35 spline axles, lca brackets, etc.)
-Hot cam/lid/ls6 intake (needs a tune badly, only makes 337HP currently)

Things that definitely WILL be done...

-Slicks/skinnies
-TH350 or 400 manual valve body/t-brake (I would go 350 but I might just get an amazing deal on a 400)
-150 shot of nitrous
-Tune

I'm hoping for just a consistent 10 second car. So where would you go next? I was thinking finishing out the suspension with adjustable shocks and new springs and a rear drag bar. I'm sure a driveshaft would be a good idea too. I figured I would have enough power for 10s with a good tune on what I have now and the nitrous...

Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 AM
ZV8
12 Second Club

since this will basicaly be a track car after you switch to a TH350 or 400, then you should get a cage and remove most of the interior for weight reduction. relocate battery to the back, etc. where you live might be ok to remove A/C which will come in handy when you need to work on that side of the engine for headers, plugs etc.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I forgot to mention that a cage will definitely be installed sometime. I don't think I'll be able to make a nitrous pass at the track without one if it goes as quick as I'm hoping.

I've been thinking about removing the AC for a while, I really never use it. It gets hot as hell here in the summers, but it does have t-tops and it's not like it's a daily driver or anything, and if I do ever take it out just to cruise a little bit I have t-tops.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Do you plan to stay in the 10s or go 9s at some point?

Where are you at in Lincoln? I get out there a lot.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

I'm in Lincoln. Next season I'll probably be out at MAM quite a bit for the friday night street-racing. Shame there's no 1/4 mile tracks close to here. I think KCIR is probably the best track that is relatively close and it's 3.5 hours away.

I honestly planned on cracking 10s and staying there when I first started, but this is coming together quicker than I thought it would, so maybe after next season I'll be looking to go even faster. I would like to put a more aggressive cam in (i bought the car with this silly hotcam in it) and a set of heads.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Launching!

i would buy a ms4, trex, or polluter cam and then save up for some heads before the nitrous. gets annoying real fast filling bottles.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

That's why I asked. I see a lot of people get a 6 point installed then decide to go faster. If 9's are even in the thought process I would go 10 point cage. Add a good set of shocks, (AFCO had a price drop and are very affordable). We can get those for you at a very good price. Add a drag bar and drive shaft as you mentioned. With the T Brake you should pick up quite a bit NA.

Let me know if we can help.