Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which clutch switch wire for 12v signal for 2-step

Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default which clutch switch wire for 12v signal for 2-step

got my msd 8733 two step today and need to know which wire on the 4 wire connector for the clutch switch to use for the 12v activation signal. theres a brown/white, pink, gray, and black/white. i played with a test light today and the only thing i could figure out was that pink was always 12v with the clutch in or out, i couldnt get a trigger off of any of the other ones.

i know if all else fails i can jump the two wire switch and use the starter safety switch as a switched ground but i would prefer not to disable it.

thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
got my msd 8733 two step today and need to know which wire on the 4 wire connector for the clutch switch to use for the 12v activation signal. theres a brown/white, pink, gray, and black/white. i played with a test light today and the only thing i could figure out was that pink was always 12v with the clutch in or out, i couldnt get a trigger off of any of the other ones.

i know if all else fails i can jump the two wire switch and use the starter safety switch as a switched ground but i would prefer not to disable it.

thanks
I thought that switch had one wire? Power in and power out.

You should be able to hold the switch closed and see which one activates, w/ switch closed. That would be the one.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

I used the two wire switch at the bottom. I have a momentary switch in its place. To start the car, I have to push the momentary. I have a three and a five year old. I didn't want either of them to be able to start the car. For the 2 step, I have the ground wire from the MSD to one side of the clutch switch and the other side of the switch is grounde to the fire wall.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 SRT-8
I used the two wire switch at the bottom. I have a momentary switch in its place. To start the car, I have to push the momentary. I have a three and a five year old. I didn't want either of them to be able to start the car. For the 2 step, I have the ground wire from the MSD to one side of the clutch switch and the other side of the switch is grounde to the fire wall.
can you possibly take pics of where you hooked it up. i thought the clutch switch was ran off ground signal?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got sick of digging around under the dash upside down with a test light trying to figure it out and just jumped the safety switch plug and used the switch as a switched ground

works great
Old 12-09-2009, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
can you possibly take pics of where you hooked it up. i thought the clutch switch was ran off ground signal?
I'll try to get a picture for you. It might be a little while, I keep it at my parents house over the winter. I found that that switch gets power ONLY while you crank the engine. That's why I did it the way I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which clutch switch wire for 12v signal for 2-step