Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hvac Delete wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hvac Delete wires

I am deleting my hvac and i have read the post's and i cant seem to find the thread about the wires. I thought i remeber something about not cutting a certain wire, or im just making it up. I didnt know if i could just remove all the wires associated with the whole system. Also is there anyway to put the pcm behind the plate, does anyone know if it will stretch that far.

Jeremy
Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

I can't think of any wires associated with the HVAC that need to stay in tact with the system removed.

I put my PCM behind the firewall. I had to extend a few wires but it wasn't too much of a hassle. I made a thread about it with lots of pictures in the PCM section. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Found my thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...lete-pics.html
Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

damn, that looks great! i have been waiting to come across a wreite up like that. thanks for the great info.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

With the stand-alone wiring harness that I'm using, I was able to put mine up where the passenger-side air bag used to live. When I bought the car, the bags had previously deployed, and the passenger-side popped the air bag cover off in one piece. I just hinged it at the back, and made a lid out of it.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see another Delta Chi into lsx's. Couldnt help but notice the screen name. Cal poly here.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Teching In

hey camscam02 congrates on the 9s on stock shortblock. I read that earlyer this week, and that made me push on through tearing my car apart. Tarleton state tx 07. I have 2 brothers on here and ran into some other dchi ls1 guys too. Im wanting to hit a 9 this summer so i will have to find out what all you have done body weight wise. Thanks for the writeup skinny i will be using that. So its ok to cut anything going to the ac like the wires and hoses from the ac panel?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeltaChi5674
hey camscam02 congrates on the 9s on stock shortblock. I read that earlyer this week, and that made me push on through tearing my car apart. Tarleton state tx 07. I have 2 brothers on here and ran into some other dchi ls1 guys too. Im wanting to hit a 9 this summer so i will have to find out what all you have done body weight wise. Thanks for the writeup skinny i will be using that. So its ok to cut anything going to the ac like the wires and hoses from the ac panel?
Thanks man. Cool to have others on here. Shoot me a pm and I will try to answer some of your questions.