Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about my car, no sub frame connectors.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about my car, no sub frame connectors.

2002 Camaro Z28 A4 headers, full exhaust, lifters, springs, 241 heads, motor is stock other wise. SS hood, air box and K&N. Stock tranny and rear. Lowering springs Global west LCA's. Dyno tuned by HP Performance 342RWHP 356RWTQ. If you need to know anything else please ask.
I am going to run my car Saturday I do not have sub frame connectors, I will be running MT sportsman pro's ( I know not the greatest at all but I got a great deal). My questions are will I crinkle the fenders, will I damage the rear end or tranny or anything else. I know anything can happen.
Thanks
Steven
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

i would say you would be fine running your car with no subframe connectors, but i would recommend them, as tranny and rear end, who knows just run it as hard as possibly and find out. but at your power level you should be ok.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your question, it will not crinkle the fenders.

BUT in the long run this will tweek the frame, you tend to get rattles and creaks.

I would look towards having them put in the near future.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You'll be o.k. for a day... but i'd look into getting some frame connectors on it asap. Weld on ones too, the bolt on ones don't seem to do the same job that the wend on's do from my experience.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, I thought it would be ok but wanted to be sure. I plan on having weld in connectors asap. My wife is the only reason I do not have them now, I have only had the car about a month. I want to know what it will do.
Also what is the weak point in the rear end, what breaks. And what needs to be done to make it stronger.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The rear, everything breaks. The gears, the diff, the axles, it all breaks.

To make it stronger: you don't make it stronger, you replace the entire thing with a 12 bolt, 9 inch , S60... take your pick any one will take care of you until you're well into the single digit ET range... just stay away from that POS tru-track diff. Those things are absolute junk, I've seen a car making less power then you are break one, eaton posi, if you can tolerate the chatter a locker, or just put a spool in it and never have another problem. Spool and 33 or 35 spline axles gets my vote. Those parts in a 12 bolt and you can go into the low 8's without breaking it.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Thanks you have been alot of help.
Anybody know any good shops Gainesville or Jacksonville FL area?