Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thru side plastic to wheel well or over-seat to flat area ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thru side plastic to wheel well or over-seat to flat area ?

I'm looking at getting a roll cage kit from Wolfe Race Craft and was wondering what is the difference between the two and which would be better ? My car will also be mini tubed if that matters.
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=254

I know there are pics. on the website but that still doesn't help me figure out which to get. Let know the benefits between the two and what I should use.

Also is Jig Notching necessary ? Does it just help hold it while welding or what ? If I didn't opt for the option would it be bad for the install process ?

Thanks for any help, I'm new when it comes to cages.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over rear seat area is more practical (stronger) and looks alot better to. Some do not like it for the simple fact or rear visability. I installed my MWC and the over the seat bars are at the corner of the rear seat and rear visability is fine. No issue at all.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Banned

I should have my Wolfe 6 point in a week or so and went with the over the seat bars only because I run a nitrous bottle in the spare tire well which I think the though bars would clear but didn't want to take the chance plus cutting up my plastic and covers. I also think the over the seat bars look better as well, I went with jig notching for the pure fact of ease of installation, plus everyone I talked to said the extra $$$ spent would be worth it.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

over the seat is much stronger because it mounts right over the rear suspension. and as for the jig notching its not just for asthetic reasons it needs to be done to install a cage whether you buy it already notched then it will be a lot simpler of an install. or if you dont do that your gonna have to notch it. if you want to try and do the notching yourself your gonna have to buy a tube notcher, and if you do go that route i can walk you through the process. hope this helps. -tony-