Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of how you did your brake lines??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pictures of how you did your brake lines??

OK, so i am re doing every line ont he car. I can handle the hard stuff no problem, from master out. The rear of the car is no big deal either. My question is how you guys are doing the front braided line. I am trying to avoid being on the K member, so if we ever have to pull it, we dont have to disconnect brake lines.

My thinking is coming out between where K member ends, and firewall, and leave a loop, and go to a tab on the spindle, or lower conrtol arm. This will allow for suspension travel up and down, then leave another small loop and go to caliper to allow for steering.

Any help you guys could give, or even better a picture would be awesome. I really dont want to do this wrong, or where anyone could see a possible problem.

Thanks, Chris
Old 05-15-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did this.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...itch-diet.html

I htink I used the stock flex line tabs that bolt to tabs on the BMR K. So then I just take the short 1/4 20 bolts I used off the tabs and let them chill. If anything I saw this onece, and should work good. But I havnt taken the Kmember or that stuff off. I saw somone that ran the passanger side front brake line up under the cowl. So you can drop the K and not have it in the way.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I will try to see if I have some pictures of mine.. I tried to do it as clean as possible... they came out great... only problems is the car's in the trailer now and I can't get to it (wiring/insulating/sheetrocking the garage)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

What the hell is the car doing in the trailer?!?! You need to be working on it, the garage can wait, we need pictures!!

Sean
Old 05-16-2010, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studderin
I did this.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...itch-diet.html

I htink I used the stock flex line tabs that bolt to tabs on the BMR K. So then I just take the short 1/4 20 bolts I used off the tabs and let them chill. If anything I saw this onece, and should work good. But I havnt taken the Kmember or that stuff off. I saw somone that ran the passanger side front brake line up under the cowl. So you can drop the K and not have it in the way.
Thanks.

I am looking for pictures of how the braided line is mounted to the spindle, or how ever you guys are doing it..

I didn't see a picture of the wheel well part but if you have one, please let me know. thanks, Chris
Old 05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have stock brakes spindles and arms. So just took the stock rubber flex line brackets and bolted them to the tabs welded on my BMR Kmember. I may have cut them down? I htink they had a 10mm bolt and a long finger that held them in a hole or somthing? Now its just a angle braket the flex line fits in with the clip.

edit, ya I found this pic. you have have anything on your Kmeber for a braket? The BMR one had a tab right for the stock brakets
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/IMG_1116.jpg
Old 05-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Broke EF
What the hell is the car doing in the trailer?!?! You need to be working on it, the garage can wait, we need pictures!!

Sean
I know

I've had an extension cord running across the driveway for WAY TOO LONG.... I have the power out there now, and it's getting wired this week/weekend, insulation and sheetrock to follow, then mud, paint, move everything over to 1 side, do the epoxy flooring then move it to the other side and repeat.

I've been wanting to finish it for way too long, this way I'll have a/c and heat out there, so I can really get to work, and do it year round without sweating to death/freezing either.

Quick Reply: Pictures of how you did your brake lines??