Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UMI Drag bar on!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default UMI Drag bar on!

Just wanted to say thanks to UMI for an awesome product! I love my new drag sway bar it makes the car drive almost like it has a front sway bar on it now. It really stiffened up the whole entire car. I can't wait to get to the track and see some results. I will post pics as soon as get done with my last accounting final on friday!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it the weld on type
Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by transam69230
Just wanted to say thanks to UMI for an awesome product! I love my new drag sway bar it makes the car drive almost like it has a front sway bar on it now. It really stiffened up the whole entire car. I can't wait to get to the track and see some results. I will post pics as soon as get done with my last accounting final on friday!
Hello
Great to hear and thanks again for the business we really appreciate it! When you get to the track roast the rear tires and have a friend get ready with a camera...LOL. And with our version of the drag bar you can bolt it in at first and then have it welded...(which I recommend) If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure it's welded up and also that you have the Bar Adjustment Set Prior to racing. You need to be sitting in the car and have a friend do it for you. Gotta account for driver weight.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Yup i got it welded, and it is setup for driver weight as well. I can't wait to get this thing to the track!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by transam69230
Yup i got it welded, and it is setup for driver weight as well. I can't wait to get this thing to the track!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Make sure it's welded up and also that you have the Bar Adjustment Set Prior to racing. You need to be sitting in the car and have a friend do it for you. Gotta account for driver weight.
And how do you set the bar adjustment? What setting is best for drag racing how does it work best? I already installed mine as well and will be welding it tomorrow but I didn't even mess with the bar adjustments.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by conde'strans
And how do you set the bar adjustment? What setting is best for drag racing how does it work best? I already installed mine as well and will be welding it tomorrow but I didn't even mess with the bar adjustments.
Instructions are in the box and should be in website. I personally set it neutral for now, which is no adj either way. Once it goes to the track set the car and then have some one film it and see if it tracks.

IMO if your lifting wheels then some passes are going to be for the first 60 to 300 ft before letting off and making sure it does not track or get squirrly. If it's ball parked correctly your not going to do much testing.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by conde'strans
Hello
What I always suggest on setting the bar up! And not adjusting the driver side at all. Lift the vehicle until the front tires or just off the ground and adjusting the pass side only adjust the end link until the car is 1/16 higher. And then take it to the track and see how it launches. If it pulls to the right and then lengthen the pass again. And then if it pulls to the left then shorten the pass end link. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-20-2010, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
What I always suggest on setting the bar up! And not adjusting the driver side at all. Lift the vehicle until the front tires or just off the ground and adjusting the pass side only adjust the end link until the car is 1/16 higher. And then take it to the track and see how it launches. If it pulls to the right and then lengthen the pass again. And then if it pulls to the left then shorten the pass end link. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Would you suggest having the driver in the car or not. The directions didnt say anything about it that I remember.
Heres a pic of my UMI bling!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Damn you Mikey, always showing off your goods
Old 05-23-2010, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

yes driver in car
Old 05-23-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts