Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP me with an Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP me with an Electrical Problem

I am just about done with my complete rebuild project and now having an electrical problem. Here is what I have done and the issues that I am now having.
Removed all airbags, HAVC, Rear speakers, Emissions wires under hood, Installed custom Fuel tank and Pump and removed and unused wires.

The issue that I am having is when I turn on the key to IGN all idiot lights and instruments needles flicker back and forth every second or two and continue until I turn the key off.

I had a similar problem when I had a real small battery up front and after starting the engine the idiot lights and instrument needles would flash once then work normal.

But now they keep flashing. I have not started the engine yet waiting on a radiator that will arrive in a couple of weeks. Battery voltage is normal at battery, instrument panel and forward engine fuse box.

Has anyone seen this before and have a fix or can give me guidance to where to look?

Thanks Bob
Old 05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

id like to hear some ideas as well. i have the same issue u previously had right now with a optima battery thats pissing me off. it resets the trip also. but im having voltage drop issues at high rpm and its turning off my nitrous.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a ground problem, go back over all you wiring and make sure all you grounds are tight.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Fixed it!
Got out the GM MX manual and checked the wiring pins to the plug that goes to the instrument cluster. I found that B-15 should be ground and it did not check grounded. I installed a ground jumper and it started working normal.
Thanks for the help.
Bob
Old 05-30-2010, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Wow this is crazy lol.. i started having a very simmilar issue today..

Went WOT on the highway today and all of a sudden complete loss of electrical power to everything... then back on a second later... WTF!!!

well i took it easy the rest of the way home and it kept doing it even with normall driving... FML

havent had a chance to look at it yet...

I bet mine is a ground with bad connection OR a power wire shorting out somewhere...