Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting seatbelts back in car

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Putting seatbelts back in car

I'm posting this here because I figure people in this section would have the most experience with seatbelts.

I'm in the process of putting my car back to a street setup from a drag setup. I'm currently installing my rear seatbelts, but I have a few issues:

1. I have a bag of hardware for the seatbelts, and in that bag are 2 thick rubber washers. Does anyone know where these go?

2. When trying to mount the bottom part of the belt to the body, it seems the mounting plate is upside down due to its angle. Does anyone have a picture of their rear seatbelts mounted or anything so I can confirm how it's supposed to mount?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
I'm posting this here because I figure people in this section would have the most experience with seatbelts.

I'm in the process of putting my car back to a street setup from a drag setup. I'm currently installing my rear seatbelts, but I have a few issues:

1. I have a bag of hardware for the seatbelts, and in that bag are 2 thick rubber washers. Does anyone know where these go?

2. When trying to mount the bottom part of the belt to the body, it seems the mounting plate is upside down due to its angle. Does anyone have a picture of their rear seatbelts mounted or anything so I can confirm how it's supposed to mount?
1. Those go with the bolts for question #2.

2. The longest part of the mount should go front to back not side to side. Then the 45* should be towards the front of the car and going up to the roof. I hope this helps ya!

I would get you some pic's but I left my camera in STL.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like so? I took these pics last night when I was putting it together. Just want to make sure I did it right.
Attached Thumbnails Putting seatbelts back in car-img_2871.jpg   Putting seatbelts back in car-img_2872.jpg   Putting seatbelts back in car-img_2874.jpg   Putting seatbelts back in car-img_2875.jpg   Putting seatbelts back in car-img_2876.jpg  

Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Yep that is pretty much it but the rubber goes down first then the clip deal and then the bolt.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blu byu EH
Yep that is pretty much it but the rubber goes down first then the clip deal and then the bolt.
Yeah that's the way I did it. Thanks a lot for the help.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Yeah that's the way I did it. Thanks a lot for the help.
yep your welcome.