Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HElp bleeding abs junction block and brakes :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HElp bleeding abs junction block and brakes :(

This was posted in the brake section but noone can answer this and/or I need the real racecar guys to answer this.

I need to bleed the brakes entirely, This car has sat for over 2 years with the braking system open. I have no access to a tech 2 at all and I can easily get someone to pump the brakes for me and I can open the bleeders. But how can I do this, I need to this to be done this weekend.
My idea was to pump the pedal and get some fluid out of the abs block with key off and key on which I did that already and got a bit of fluid. THen move on the front wheels and bleed them and then on the rears?

WHats the Best way to achieve this? I need this done now, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using a vacuum hose for this to put on the bleeders so I dont ruin the paint job on the calipers. SO seeing if there are bubbles will be a bit hard to see. But lmk what to do thanks.

O ya its a 94z28
Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The tech 2 isn't needed... I got a car to bleed right, I had to just keep working it. I did start the car on jackstands and get the tires going, and hit the brakes repeatedly to get the abs to cycle for the rear, that helped a bunch, but it's doable.

Fill the master, crack all the corners adn gravity bleed it for a couple hours, then shut them and start pumping/cracking, and eventually you will get all the air out. It's gonna take a while, so be patient.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just do it with the car off. It stays open when the car is off. After you get the fluid ran through all the lines then you have to get it on jackstand and do rolling braking to bleed the ABS box clean. Its the only way I've found to get the air out of a car/truck with dry lines. NY winters, i've replaced a lot of brake lines.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got em bled, thanks guys
Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So to do the rolling braking thing:

Traditional bleed. Close system. Jackstand the car. Fire it up and then what? Mash the gas? Let it idle roll? Then hit the brakes? Then back to traditional bleed? Thanks.

BTW, using Motive Power Bleeder.