Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what low budget drag shocks should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what low budget drag shocks should i get?

Ok so I'm about to order up shocks all the way around for my s10 build I'm finishing up. My suspension is gonna be kinda crappy for now just because I want to get this thing on the road asap. Its a 95 s10 with an 8.8 swap, still using the gay leaf springs and s10 specific slapper bars, so I was trying to decide between summit 3-way adjustables, competition engineering 3-ways or whatever other shocks that are in the price range for now. Wasn't lookin to spend over 200 for all four, yes I know I'm a cheap *** and there are much better options but they're not in my budget right now.

So what cheap shocks do you guys suggest for my s10?

Thanks?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Summit has its own brand of Drag shocks cheap.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

well leave the stock front ones in there and go with ranchos out back..get them from calvert..and def get cal tracs down the road instead of slappers..i know trucks going high 1.20s with ranchos and cal tracks and bobby flippins runs low 1.20s on 275 radials with cal tracks and qa1s
Old 06-24-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
well leave the stock front ones in there and go with ranchos out back..get them from calvert..and def get cal tracs down the road instead of slappers..i know trucks going high 1.20s with ranchos and cal tracks and bobby flippins runs low 1.20s on 275 radials with cal tracks and qa1s
Ya down the road i will for sure be replacing the slapper bars with caltracs, just not in my budget right now...

I dont have any shocks up front at all so would you suggest ordering stock replacements or order a cheap 90/10 shock? I was looking into ranchos for the rear but at 89.00 a piece that is out of my range right now, i want to be racing this truck next weekend and dont have enough money for the ranchos just yet...

so stock or 90/10 (more than likely summit brand) up front?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

90/10s up front.

look at it this way race this coming weekend and waste 200$ on parts your just going to use for a month or so and then pull of because you then have the money for the right stuff or sit out a tad longer man..trust me i know what its like to want and get out there and im doing a car now where im really wasting 2gs or so just so i can get out there an keep the car from sitting as long..but some stuff im not short cutting on because i know it would just really do me no good in the long run..

its up to you really..but dont forget you have to factor in the time it takes to change out the parts,seting the car up again,the extra time spent to have an go back to the track and make test hits and get everything dialed in again,fuel for that and towing it if you are..**** add's up vs just sitting out for a couple more weeks and putting the right **** on it you know..but like i said its up to you
Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

True, i think i'm just gonna spend the money on 90/10s up front and borrow my buddies cheap coilovers for now for the back, not sure if i'll even be able to have everything else done for Friday so i'm gonna get the Ranchos for the back when i have the money. Thanks for all your help suicidal racing!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

90/10s with v6 springs should be a great combo and then the ranchos on the back will have that thing working.

Quick Reply: what low budget drag shocks should i get?