Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension gurus! need setup assistance

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Suspension gurus! need setup assistance

My MWC 9" is coming in very soon (1-3) weeks, ive pretty much lost track lol. Im installing everything myself and am looking for some help.

I got fully adjustable front and back suspension with DA strange coilovers and dont know how to set it up in the least bit. I plan on putting everything together then taking it to my drivetrain shop to let them make sure everything is okay and aligned good so basically im looking for.

1) what holes for the LCAs
2) how do you setup an anti roll bar
3) what setting on the coilovers?
4) what hole should the T/A go in on the trans crossmember?

if i can think of anything ill add it. Car is an 1.8th mile car mainly with some freeway pulls on the side. Saw about 3500 street miles last year and probably 50 passes.

Car is on 295/45/17 mickey et street radials and has no front sway. Makes low 400 wheel for now. It is an M6 and will be leaving off the line lock / MSD 2 step unless it hooks enough just for straight limiter lol

if any more info is needed please tell me, the anticipation is killing me!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
My MWC 9" is coming in very soon (1-3) weeks, ive pretty much lost track lol. Im installing everything myself and am looking for some help.

I got fully adjustable front and back suspension with DA strange coilovers and dont know how to set it up in the least bit. I plan on putting everything together then taking it to my drivetrain shop to let them make sure everything is okay and aligned good so basically im looking for.

1) what holes for the LCAs Get as close enought to get the LCA parallel. a little angle going up towards the front of the car is a good starting point.
2) how do you setup an anti roll bar http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/info/arb.htm
3) what setting on the coilovers? Front 1 click from full loose. Rear set them in the middle. For starters you'll have to see how the track is prep then adjust accordingly.
4) what hole should the T/A go in on the trans crossmember? Sorry can't help here. Not familiar with T/A's.
if i can think of anything ill add it. Car is an 1.8th mile car mainly with some freeway pulls on the side. Saw about 3500 street miles last year and probably 50 passes.

Car is on 295/45/17 mickey et street radials and has no front sway. Makes low 400 wheel for now. It is an M6 and will be leaving off the line lock / MSD 2 step unless it hooks enough just for straight limiter lol

if any more info is needed please tell me, the anticipation is killing me!!!
While you're at it you may want to plot your suspension to see where your IC and AS values are at. By moving your LCA to different holes it will change both. From what I've read DR's like a lot of AS and a semi short IC. Hope this helps.

-Mark
Old 07-07-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told for the M6 to run lcas in bottom hole, tq arm in upper hole, and for the anti roll bar chk out spohns video on their site.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
I'm no Guru, but for a 6sp car you'll be better off ditching those radials for a set of bias ply slicks with stiff sidewalls. Also, you'll want to set up the rear shocks VERY stiff (rebound and compression) to control the hit from the clutch dump.

Mike