Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Drag bar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Which Drag bar?

Just want to know which drag bar to use with the Dana S60? You guys using BMR extreme? UMI? Midwest anti roll bar?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I running the Spohn bar, fits like a glove
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by flyinZ
I running the Spohn bar, fits like a glove
Is that their drag sway bar where the ends have to be welded to the frame?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

No, its their 1" sway bar. I think its a step down, from the Drag bar with adj. endlinks. Still, I've seen cars with the 1" bar' running in the 9's with it. I wasn't sure how the Drag bar with the adj. link's would ride on the street.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

fwiw... most of the other manufacturers "drag bars" are made form solid bar stock and are extremely heavy. the bolt-on drag arb we manufacture is constructed of tubular chromemoly and is designed to be a bolt-in application so there is no welding of brackets to the rearend housing as long as it is equipped with stock style sway bar brackets. if you don't have brackets, we offer them as individual components as well. we use the same materials in these f-body units as we do on a 200mph top sportsman car. highest quality, lightweight, bolt-on, super strong, affordable... just like all the products we produce.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
fwiw... most of the other manufacturers "drag bars" are made form solid bar stock and are extremely heavy. the bolt-on drag arb we manufacture is constructed of tubular chromemoly and is designed to be a bolt-in application so there is no welding of brackets to the rearend housing as long as it is equipped with stock style sway bar brackets. if you don't have brackets, we offer them as individual components as well. we use the same materials in these f-body units as we do on a 200mph top sportsman car. highest quality, lightweight, bolt-on, super strong, affordable... just like all the products we produce.
i'm interested. do you have a link to your drag bar? and price?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The midwest piece looks really nice, I have no exp. with it, but the design should be very good. I ran a wolfe for a couple years, and it worked great. I have seena couple cars put the UMI one on and it seems to work good, plenty of shock clearance and whatnot

The TRZ bar, is one I really want to install on someone's car, that looks like a nice piece as well, but I've never seen one in action, not yet anyway.

I'm going to build one using the promod swaybar setup that bickel sells, put it up between the frame rails where the stock gas tank sits, and tie it into the cage as well when the work on the car gets going again.. just as another example of what can be done.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have yet to install my Wolfe rear swaybar...tempted to put a UMI in there instead so I can have 100% UMI suspension, front and rear.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Iv got the UMI..with my retarded *** Iv cut low 1.6 60fts..and have lots of room to improve..

BIG difference with the UMI on my car..went from 1.8 60fts to 1.6s with NO other changes!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Coal Mining Director

Could not find a picture on your site. Pic?
Old 07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

I have the UMI drag bar
Old 07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Correct me if I'm wrong, the MWC drag bar still needs to have the brackets for the upper end links welded to the car. Scoll down this thread for pictures:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...-drag-bar.html
Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

What is the part number to the UMI bar everyone is using?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boss79z
What is the part number to the UMI bar everyone is using?
Depends what rear you have (diameter of axle tubes).

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...o1b3ncqhpb0mr7
Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96onele
Correct me if I'm wrong, the MWC drag bar still needs to have the brackets for the upper end links welded to the car. Scoll down this thread for pictures:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...-drag-bar.html

yes the upper tabs have to be welded on but the brackets that hold the arb to the rear end bolt into stock sway bar locations require no additional welding on your rear end
Old 07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

wolfe on the 35th and UMI on the m6.Im satisfied with both.both requires welding like mentioned.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

here ya go... not sure which one of my customer's car this is but you can see the basic setup here. this is the quickest reacting, lightest setup out there, and a proven working component. comes with fully adjustable heim joint links and all necessary hardware.

the bar assy bolts to the rearend and we have it available with the smaller lightweight weld in upper bracket or a slightly heavier bolt-in type.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Coal Mining Director

here ya go... not sure which one of my customer's car this is but you can see the basic setup here. this is the quickest reacting, lightest setup out there, and a proven working component. comes with fully adjustable heim joint links and all necessary hardware.

the bar assy bolts to the rearend and we have it available with the smaller lightweight weld in upper bracket or a slightly heavier bolt-in type.
What's the total weight on the bar without the joint heim links? I'm curious how much lighter it is than my Spohn....Spohn bar without the endlinks is around 20lbs.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 AM
10 Second Club

That's a nice looking set up. And it will bolt on to the S60 w/out any fabrication? Nice!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for considering the UMI Performance rear drag bar.

One advantage our bar has is it will be more street friendly than some of the other anti-roll bars out there but still work just as well at the track. This item can be used on the street with out a significant decrease in handling. Another pro to our bar is i can be 100% bolted in, however for track use we do highly recommend welding it. But the bolt in option is nice to allow the user to install the bar themselves and drive it to a shop to have the little bit of welding completed, this saves installation cost on the consumers end.

The UMI bar is 1-1/4" solid and attaches to the axle using chrome moly u-bolts, it uses 3-piece Teflon line rod ends to attach it to the chassis with aluminum adjusters. The end link design allows the pre-load of the bar to be set.

The first three bars in this link are the drag bars- UMI Drag Bars

If you have any questions regarding our bar or any set up please ask and I am glad to help.

Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Which Drag bar?