Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this shock/spring combo work for my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this shock/spring combo work for my setup?

All of my mods are in my sig, but basically I have a cammed/stalled Z/28 with a progressed 150 shot. I have a 3:90 gear and 275/60/15 M/T drag radials out back and skinnies up front. The car makes 520rwhp. Best 60' was a 1.57 with the progressive set at 50% for .3 sec. I was going to spring for some Afco's, but I would only be able to get the front shocks and springs. So I called Eric at Midwest Chassis and we went through a couple ideas. I ended up getting front DA strange shocks, 300# hypercoil springs, and some comp. engineering 3 way adjustable shocks. I know that comps. are a cheaper, less than ideal shock, but I know they are better than the stock shocks and will be able to put and keep some pressure on the radial with the help of the DA shocks in the front. I'm just trying to figure out if anybody else has or knows somebody that has a similar set up and has had luck with it? I know Afco's are the best, but dont think they will be necessary for my power level and I think I can get away with what I have since its an auto. Either way, BIG thanks to Eric at MWC for helping out and taking care of me, yet again!