Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperPro SD tune (IAT's etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SuperPro SD tune (IAT's etc.)

I just started this past weekend running Super Pro in my Camaro and got to the Quarter-Finals. Anyway, the weather has been very humid and hot and very up and down throughout the night.

I have all of my PE "adders" zero'd out so that the IAT's and such don't pull timing.

Like I said, throughout the day and into the night the IATs vary A LOT into the 120 range in the day and down to low 70's in the night.

I put a resistor in my IAT so that it reads 86 all the time, would this help or hurt consistency?

What can I do (besides a weather station setup) to be more consistent? I mean I picked up and slowed down 5-6 hundredths a couple passes.

Any tips or suggestions?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is your iat sensor located? It really helps to read a close to ambient air as possible, not the heat coming off the radiator. IAT will also affect your fueling, try to locate it somewhere by the drivers side head light area, or somewhere around there that will not be affected by the radiator. A resistor in the iat takes away the ability to control fuel accurately with temperature changes. There are bias tables you can play with in hptuners / efi live to make the iat more or less sensitive for temperature changes.