Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireing thoughts. Lots of stuff to wire up. Need Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Wireing thoughts. Lots of stuff to wire up. Need Ideas

First, if you have a set up similar to mine then let me know how you did it.... So these are the components I need to wire up. 2 step, Nitrous kit to include a master arm switch, WOT switch, window switch, lean shutdown switch, low fuel pressure shut down switch, and a line lock.
I only want my 2 step to come on in first gear and I want to leave the line on the nitrous at WOT. I obviously dont want the nitrous to come on when I'm the starting line at WOT on the 2 step haha. I dont like the idea of the 2 step coming on every time I shift.

How could I wire all of this up and make it work? I have some ideas but I wanted to hear some ideas from yall. I know that I can put a WOT switch on my shifter to where when its in first it pushes the WOT switch which will activate the 2 step only in first and not any other gear but thats as far as I've really gotten. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Your idea for the 2 step will work. Ditch the fuel presure safety switch, those are junk and will cause nothing but headaches. The lean shutdown switch, I don't know what you're trying to hook up... if you get the car tuned for the hit there should be no need for that. Reading plugs are what will tell you if it's lean anyway, not an O2 sensor.

2 step is pretty simple, that gets a tach signal, and then hook up a relay in line with the nitrous power to only be powered (closed) when you are in the right RPM window.

When I wire a kit, I use a big starter solenoid to power the kit itself, use the WOT switch to make the GND connection for that, hook strait power up to one side of the solenoid, your nitrous solenoids up to the other side, then your RPM switch and whatnot up to the power side of the big starter relay.. that way it's activating that, and everything in the nitrous side is a low power deal. All the draw of teh kit will go thru the big starter solenoid, makes for a better/lower resistance power circuit for the nitrous noids and helps keep them working right.

If I had a program that was easy to draw up a diagram of this I would... if you need clarification ask. Just ditch that FPSS, and your lean shutdown.. both of those are gonna be more of a problem them they're worth.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I think I got what youre saying...... Hmmm. Ive always wired nitrous up through relays. My dad came up with a pretty good idea for the 2 step, he said to buy a lock out switch. Basically (im not trying to insult your intelligence, just trying to help someone out that has the same problem) its a switch that only allows something to be activated once every so often (I think its a minute) so that would keep me from being on the 2 step everytime I shift the car going down the track. How would I be on the 2 step at WOT without being on the nitrous at the same time though? Maybe put a switch on the clutch petal that is activated when the clutch is released? How would you do it? Thanks for your help JL.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did a search on that lock out switch and couldnt find one.... Where do I look for one? Is there another name for it?