Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Z28 M6, bolt-ons

Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 M6, bolt-ons

Have a stock Z28 which is in the process of getting bolt-ons. It's my daily driver here in CA and as such all mods must be smog legal. I'm over doing huge installs on my daily drivers, so some of the more time consuming/blood spilling jobs will be skipped.

Basically would like to know how fast I can go with stock manifolds, and the stock LS1 intake.

Mods currently: SLP lid, SLP CAI duct, walbro 255.

Mods upcoming: TB coolant bypass, maybe 180 stat, true duals with X-pipe over axle, high flow cats. HP tuner

Mods considering: bigger injectors, MAYBE (doubtful) LS6 intake, MAYBE 3.73s.

So what's the best I can hope for with just lid, duct, exhaust and tune?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaropar
Have a stock Z28 which is in the process of getting bolt-ons. It's my daily driver here in CA and as such all mods must be smog legal. I'm over doing huge installs on my daily drivers, so some of the more time consuming/blood spilling jobs will be skipped.

Basically would like to know how fast I can go with stock manifolds, and the stock LS1 intake.

Mods currently: SLP lid, SLP CAI duct, walbro 255.

Mods upcoming: TB coolant bypass, maybe 180 stat, true duals with X-pipe over axle, high flow cats. HP tuner

Mods considering: bigger injectors, MAYBE (doubtful) LS6 intake, MAYBE 3.73s.

So what's the best I can hope for with just lid, duct, exhaust and tune?
First off, if your worried about CA Smog, those True Duals make you illegal so I don't understand why one things is important but then you make those changes your worried about anyways.

By pass is fine, helps keep heat out of the TB. Leave the stock thermo in there, do not do bigger injectors unless your moving up to heads and cam, or if they are there to support a Dry Nitrous Kit. A LS6 intake is a GREAT mod and very inexpensive in consideration.

Gears will be fun but for your tranmission just go 4.10's its a NON issue and the car will perform better. At best get a whole 2002+ LS6 intake as it has the better injectors by a few pounds but I would not spring for aftermarkets.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know many smog shops that don't bother to crawl under the vehicle to check if the exhaust is stock, if it's half-way quiet and half-way stock looking and it passes emissions-wise, you're good.

Search this Thread