Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight Carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightweight Carpet?

I've searched and read several threads on installing the ozite carpet in an F-body. I'm about ready to pull the trigger and completely carpet the inside of my 93Z very soon. I just wanted to ask if there were any tips or tricks I should know before I begin.

The factory carpet in my car is stained all over and smells and it's driving me crazy. Ozite is much cheaper than another set of factory carpet, plus if it's lighter than it can't hurt either. Where is everyone getting the carpet from?
Thanks a lot.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM JL-ws6 or I assume he will chime in. He has done a few installs and they look great. The stuff is very thin so it will be louder in the cabin, but otherwise a major improvement on the looks dept.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

indoor outdoor from home depot. works great
Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can find it at various stores, but ideally u want the 6' wide stuff. I picked up the lightweight carpet from speed inc because I wasnt wanting to glue the living heck out of it. I was able to use the various bolt holes to hold the carpet down, and used ozite to cover the rear hump. Used two sided tape to hold it down, its not noticable and allows easy access to the fuel pump if need be

Quick Reply: Lightweight Carpet?