Sponsored by:

Vette Hub --> 930 CV Stub

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette Hub --> 930 CV Stub

Hey,

Obviously I'm new to this forum, but I have developed a stub axle that mates a Corvette hub, I'm currently using SKF 5049s, to a GKN "930" CV.

I am doing this by manufacturing a conversion stub axle out of 300M. It's an expensive part that I use for my racing program, and I would like to know if anyone that is reading this may have a use for this item?

It's probably against the rules to advertise an item on here without being a vendor, and as such I won't mention how much they are, who I am, or where you can find these. All I really want to know is if there is sufficient interest here to take any further steps.

I use this part to mate up to a sequential transaxle in a GM powered prototype car, but am considering making replacement Corvette inner flanges as well if there is a market for this.

Is there really any issue with axle breakage under racing conditions for Vettes? If so I could easily go to a larger 934 type CV with basically 300M material in all flanges and axles that would be good to 1000+ HP if space allows and, again, if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to let you gauge interest on this. If you see there is a market please look into sponsoring the board.

225-343-9029