Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2 questions

I've only been to the track once in my T/A, but with my new mods I'd like to go a few times this upcoming season My questions are; what exactly is the rev limiter set at (stock)? I hit it once last year and it messed up my run. And, I've never powershifted. I have the stock rearend (3:42) and I'm afraid it can't handle it. Its a 2.5 hour drive home from the track. Should I?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2004, 07:23 AM

the rev limiter is 6250rpm i believe

you should be ok on street tires if you are not trying to kill it

on a sticky tire and a really aggressive launch and hook your chances of needing a ride home are greatly increased

go to the track when we do this spring/summer we go with a bunch of cars and make sure everyone gets home

we have also loaded our 18 wheeler car hauler it holds 8 cars and gone to the track with customer cars and they split the fuel charges for the truck, that seems to work out the best since alot of people dont have trailors
Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as powershifting goes, I don't recommend it due to the fact that you have an 01 car that probably has cheap shift forks & you don't have an aftermarket shifter with built in stops. The T-56's built in stops aren't going to prevent you from bending a shift fork if you hit a gear too hard while powershifting. I don't think you have to worry as much about messing up your rearend as messing up your 01 transmission powershifting.

As far as hitting the rev limiter goes, spend $50 and get a shift light. Your tach isn't that accurate, it's accuracy is even worse in 1st gear, your motor will rev faster in first than your tach can keep up. I want to say that before I got my shift light, I was banging my rev limiter with the factory tach showing about 5,800 - 5,900 RPM's. With the shift light that I'm running now I haven't had that problem at all now.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys

CHEF, Do you have dates for Lebannon Speedway? April? May?

Thanks, Jim
Old 02-08-2004, 11:26 AM

i dont know when we will be going but i will let ya know

check the tracks web site

i think its www.lebanonvalleydragway.com