Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto vs. manual vettes top heads/cam cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 10:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question auto vs. manual vettes top heads/cam cars

If auto's are so good at the track why were the two sponsors IE LG & cartek cars both manual? There have to be some auto vettes out there that can compete...right?
Old 02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an auto and have run faster than any other Vette with stock intake and TB. I think that once I put on my 90mmTB and FAST intake , you will see a new H/C record. By how much will be seen…..
Old 02-23-2004, 10:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice times you shouldve been involved at the clash then IMO you probably wouldve been right there with cartek & LG...though im sure you personally had nothing to prove.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foff667
nice times you shouldve been involved at the clash then IMO you probably wouldve been right there with cartek & LG...though im sure you personally had nothing to prove.
Thanks!

If it had been closer to DFW, my son and I would have gone. But it was over a 14 hour drive, too long for an old man. And too far for trailering my 'Vette. I would have had to borrow my son's work Power Stroke as my F150 5.4L would have chewed up its tranny along the way probably!

I am anxious to try our new Level V tranny, which hopefully will be here next week.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Launching!

I agree with Roger" just to long a drive.
Originally Posted by Roger White
Thanks!

If it had been closer to DFW, my son and I would have gone. But it was over a 14 hour drive, too long for an old man. And too far for trailering my 'Vette. I would have had to borrow my son's work Power Stroke as my F150 5.4L would have chewed up its tranny along the way probably!

I am anxious to try our new Level V tranny, which hopefully will be here next week.