Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launching on street

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launching on street

I have a new set of Kuhmos on my car and alls I say is I wish I wasnt on a budget. These things are soft. Anyways with that in mind Im trying to launch this car first time actually trying to practice this technique. What would be a good rpm to start practicing at im thinkng 1500 ive read here taht most stock cars are launching at around 2000. My main question is how slow do you let the clutch out. Is it real slow untill you fell it spin and then let off gas and then puch it. Or is it more of a gradual process. Basically slow or moderate? How long is the suspecting spin during launching. I know noone can really answer this ?. But any info would be great.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i used to do with a stock clutch and nittos on the street was the following:

good burnout, back into the rubber
tach it to 2 grand or so
slip the clutch until the car is at teh point where if you slip anymore it will move(you will have to learn this point on your car)
pop the clutch and keep the gas where it is...what this does is let the car "hop" forward and set the tires in motion, and load the suspension thus squatting the car..
as soon as you feel the car has squatted(like 1 second or less) put your foot to the floor and it should take off with no spin and go..

the idea is to practice alot and find the "sweet spot". if you pop the clutch and wait too long you'll bog bad and/or kill the car. pop it and smack the gas too early and you'll spin like mad..

once you get it you'll hook the car so much harder on the street than anyone would think you can/should on a radial..trust me, it one me some good money a few years ago

Quick Reply: Launching on street