Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My day at the shoot out

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My day at the shoot out

First I would like to thank all the sponsors, The Vette Doctors, Lingenfelter, Vararam, and last but not least, Neptune Bill. I would also like to thank all the competitors for putting on a good show.

We had a good time and met a lot of nice people. All the cars ran well except for mine, LOL.
The weather could not have been any better, especially coming from NJ.

Paul your car ran great and your last minute fix (torque tube) obviously paid off. Vette Doctors, you guys had a strong showing.
DJ Self I didn’t see any of your runs, but I had heard you where running real strong. Thank you for coming out and being one of the representatives for Lingenfelter.
Optic ZO6, I also had the chance to see your car run. It definitely runs great and it was a pleasure meeting you as well.
ChrisNJC5/ECS It was a shame your car had problems, I’m sure it would have ran strong, it always has before. Thank you for coming.
Steve Oyer it was a pleasure meeting you in person.
John/Vette00 it is always great to see you. That 427 is hard to beat.
Tom/APE congratulations on the win. It was fun racing you. Sorry my car wasn’t running up to par. We definitely have to do it again.
J Rod it was nice meeting you also. You are one heck of a driver and the car runs hard.

Sorry if I left anybody out, it was a very long and tiring, yet very fun weekend.

Let me now get into the days’ events. The day started off with being shown around the facilities, one of the things being the scales. They showed us how to use the scales, and the proper procedure according to them, which involved the zeroing of the scale after each weigh in.

Second important event of the day was the driver’s meeting. At the driver’s meeting I informed everyone that we had the track to ourselves and that we could all make as many runs as we wanted and that they would all count and that we where going to treat this as a regular track rental day. I also said that if you don’t go over the scale the run would not count, but I never said that if you weighed under the required minimum that you wouldn’t receive the time slip.
Spare people where invited to come down to the scales to help. I had said that we where short handed at the scale and that I also didn’t want any arguments later about weights, but only one person came down to help. Finally I said if there are any complaints to tell the guy at the scale “he has a two way radio” he’ll contact us and someone will be down to settle it out. With that I added to come directly to our trailer for any complaints that weren’t resolved.

Jrod I talked to you at the meeting and made sure I was very clear. You were standing rite in front of me. I told every one “If you had a problem, ask for us to be called to you”. I was very clear.

Your car runs great, you were told the weight, you left the scale, you had the opportunity to call for an official. And that is racing.

I’m sorry if any one does not like the results. No other classes have any issues. Every one I talked to had a good time.