Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time ever racing my new car

Old 02-28-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First time ever racing my new car

I just went to the track last night, opening night of cecil county dragway. My car is completely 100% bone stock, I wanted to get some base times out of it to compare when I mod the car. I have only had the car for 2 weeks, and it is my first stick car, so I have never really launched or racing it before. Well at the line, I thought you could just sit there and hold the clutch in and raise the rpms, well my car inched forward. So I had to hold the brake, and when the lights dropped, let off really quick and just guessimate what rpm to shoot for and let the clutch go. I am still unsure how exactly to launch? Especially if I inch forward at the line? Well my first two runs sucked, I was so nervous and miss 3rd both times. I was trying to hard to slam it into third, instead of just pushing the shifter up, it guides itself into third, right? Well last run, I had a horrible launch, but just pushed the shifter up into 3rd on the 2-3 shift, my run didn't come out as great as I wanted, but the track wasn't really prepped at all, and with everyone breaking,spilling stuff all over the place, it pretty much sucked. I ended up running a 13.6 @ 106mph with a 2.3 60ft. I know my 60fts suck, but I don't want to run drag radials on there and blow the rear possible? I need to do some practicing with my launching, and the track needs to be prepped better. But what do you guys think? I think if I can cut my 60fts down to 2.0, low low 13's is possibly. Any tips on what you guys do on launching? How to prevent from rolling forward? Thanks.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:37 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

13's are possible. practice is the key. The rolling can be hard with a M6 if the track is down hill.

Coach
Old 03-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Cecil also on Friday night. The prep was nonexistant and I pulled a 2.3 60' also. It was the first time I ran my stock 01 WS6 on the track for same base times before mods also. I picked it up in November.

Search this Thread