Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ozite instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ozite instructions?

How do I want to go about this? Do I lay glue like down the whole center of the car, then try to get it flat?

Do I prep ahead of time, like put the carpet in, cut a square out for the shifter/ parking brake? Well I guess I could cut a whole chunk out there, going to still be running a center console.

I guess like do I only want to glue one section at a time and then put it down?

What about that black module that was behind the rear seats? Isn't that the BCM or something like that? Should I velcro that area, or does that part almost never fail and I should just glue away? Or the wiring heading towards it, did you all take those holder clip things off and just glue the wiring to the floor??

I think at least by tomorrow or later today I'm going to be ready to tackle the carpet itself.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

So 29 people looked at this, but no advice? Well maybe someone will have some words of wisdom for me by the morning, I'm going to try to have my interior back together tomorrow, tired of no interior, it hasn't been very pleasant to drive around.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be doing mine in a couple months.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The black box behind the rear seat is a bulkhead connector. That is where your abs and fuel pump connectors plug into. Your 94 doesn't know what the acronym "BCM" means
Old 07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Default Ozite install

I just finished my install. I centered the carpet side to side ,starting from the center of the firewall on the pass. side , I started pushihing the carpet down to follow the contours of the tunnel and then the floor working my way back. ( take your time the carpet will stretch and mold to the floor nicely ). Once you have a decent section molded, trim the (side) excess down to help with handling the carpet. When you are satisfied with the appearance , lift it back up and spray adheasive on a clean floor, small sections at a time, working the carpet the same way you did prior. DO NOT GO TO FAR BEFORE DOING THE SAME PROCEDURE TO THE OTHER SIDE.. AGAIN IF YOU TAKE YOU TIME IT WILL COME OUT WELL. Hope this helps. I had the same problem finding info.
Attached Thumbnails Ozite instructions?-2011-camaro-fabrication-003.jpg   Ozite instructions?-2011-camaro-fabrication-008.jpg   Ozite instructions?-2011-camaro-fabrication-010.jpg   Ozite instructions?-2011-camaro-fabrication-037.jpg  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

To be honest I finally got fed up with it and while the front half turned out decent, the rear half is nothing to write home about.

It'll do, sorta bunched up but new carpet looks better than old stained carpet or no carpet at all. Thanks though! Maybe if FL wasn't stupid hot and I didn't have to drive the car in the morning, it probably would have come out better.

I think my biggest problem was I had too much carpet out back so it didn't want to cooperate where the back seat used to be.

Its flat and glued down nice and good under my feet, only area I guess where it really matters. I'm really surprised at how much gap I have between the carpet and the console in some areas, I tossed the matting from there the other day, guess I should have kept it.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Teching In

Default Ozite Carpet

The back seat area is the hardest part of the job . I have an 8 point cage ,and had to work around the bars . I used barbell weights in the seat buckets to keep it stretched while the glue set up. All in all if you take your time the finished job is not to bad. It sure is alot lighter than the factory carpet.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

That's my problem I was out there all day, like 10 am-8 pm, at 8 I had enough and started fighting with getting interior panels back in.
I only have a six point bar(which at midnight I smashed my head on while reinstalling the driver side harness), it was still kicking my *** with the carpet though. Also the interior sail panel piece on my driver side is a tight squeeze past the main hoop, had to fight with that for at least a half hour to get it past, probably closer to a hour.

Quick Reply: Ozite instructions?