Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Viking b223 rear shock reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Looking for Viking b223 rear shock reviews

How do you guys like the viking rear d/a b223? I am looking at purchasing a set for street/strip use. I plan to use them with the stock rear springs. They seem damn nice for the price. Any advantage to using the mwc traverse lower mount bracket, or just run them factory mounted? Thanks
Old 01-23-2018, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have them on my car mounted to an S60 stock style.

One benefit that I can going with the transverse mount would be that the **** face forward and are away from the sway bar.

For the price these are hard to beat; I started out with the recommended settings in the install instructions and ended up going pretty far away from those to get the car to work how I wanted at the track.

I'm sure some others can chime in as well, but IMO these will work well for street/strip goals.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

The B223 Viking rear shock is a direct bolt in shock so you will not be able to use a Transverse mount with them. If you wanted to go with a transverse mounted shock option you would need to purchase a rear threaded body shock for now that has a 1" lower Bearing and stud upper or go bearing lower and bearing upper and run a T/V mount on the bottom and clevis upper on top.

When you go that route you end up getting into a more expensive shock. It is a threaded body shock however in case you ever want to make the change to coil over.

Something from here is what you would choose.

Now to the B223 rear non coil over shock it works rather well. For drag racing we have found stock springs with the heater hose mod tends to work the best over any other type of rear spring and gives a nice workable stance.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome info, thank you MidwestChassis2!

Quick Reply: Looking for Viking b223 rear shock reviews