Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Vic and WS6 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Super Vic and WS6 Hood

I know this has been ask alot before, and I've research and research.
With a Super Vic and a Fast 4150 TB (no air filter) is there enough clearance
with a stock WS6 hood, to get proper air into the motor.
I'm cutting the whole cowl out, do I have to do some cutting on the hood.
Thanks fellows.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You will have to do some cutting on the hood unfortunately. If you're taking the cowl off, no wipers or any of that anymore, I'd seriously think about dog boxing the cowl back a little in the center, so access to the motor is alot better and swap to a pin on hood that comes up to the windshield. You'll have alot better airflow to the Tb that way, if you put the 5 inch sloped vfn or the like on the car, you will have enough room to run a carb spacer if you want as well... which makes it worth it IMO.

The super vic is a bit taller then the jr, and the jr, would barely fit without cutting, figure you're an inch or so taller at a minimum, so what little room you would have had with a jr is totally gone, Tb will be right on the hood situation.

It's almost mandatory to put the pin on hood on. And like I said, dogboxing back the center, will make access to the motor so much easier, as well as giving you plenty of room for the Tb, it's worth it.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

I knew you would be one of the first to answer JL. LOL.
If I dogbox the center will I need a difference windshield.
I don't have the funds for a pin on hood now, but will in the future. Unless I sell my stock hood.
So will the super vic work with a stock hood. Until I get a vfn.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Race your car!

Can you get it in there, probably yes. Will it work, not very good unless you cut the hood out.

You'd need a lexan windshield to dog box it out as well.

Sorry for the quick response but there's not that many people that had one on a car that could tell you. I had one sitting on my old motor, before the motor sold which is why I know where it was sitting. If you have even an inch between the top of an accufab Tb, and the hood I would be surprised. It's really tight (too tight to work without doing a bunch of cutting)
Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran the vic jr and the accufab last year and there is almost no clearance. I had to notch the hood for the linkage and arm or it would not go full throttle. My intake temps were higher too due to reduced airflow. I went to a pin on to the window hood and cut the cowl off for those reasons.

I don't see the Super Vic fitting in there at all
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you need to do is cut the cowl off. No need to dogbox it with a super vic. With the cowl gone you can practically sit next to the engine(no hvac), or lift it out in litterally 25 minutes. It will probably rub a stock ws6 hood.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by BADD SS
All you need to do is cut the cowl off. No need to dogbox it with a super vic. With the cowl gone you can practically sit next to the engine(no hvac), or lift it out in litterally 25 minutes. It will probably rub a stock ws6 hood.
The dogbox isn't needed... just makes it that much easier.

The Tb will be about a 1/16th off the hood. I tried to fit one before I ripped the car completely apart. That's actually why the lexan, and 5 inch vfn hood that are sitting here were originally bought.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The dogbox isn't needed... just makes it that much easier.

The Tb will be about a 1/16th off the hood. I tried to fit one before I ripped the car completely apart. That's actually why the lexan, and 5 inch vfn hood that are sitting here were originally bought.
That folks is a great example off a well thought out plan.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the replys.
But is there anyone that has ran a Super Vic with a stock WS hood?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
That folks is a great example off a well thought out plan.
Maybe for JL, but the OP doesnt exactly look like he needs a dog house if he is asking about fitting a stock hood. And IMO, it's really not required at all, unless you are running a sheetmetal intake with dual throttle bodies, or a single 4500 dominator as it might hit then too. With the cowl gone there is more than enough room to do what ever you want. Doghousing only really helps clearance around the throttle body, which isnt required on this setup, and wont affect removal of the engine one bit either. Whether you use a carb style lift plate, or a valley cover one, the engine still has to come out from under the windshield a little bit, Unless your dog house is 23"+ wide. Hell the motor would have the heads on so it would be more than that anyway.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Race your car!

I'll get a picture when it's done. it will make alot more sense once you see it. I am, going the width of the contact area of the hood @ the glass, and it's over 2 feet wide at that point. It's close to 75% the width of the glass.

But to answer the Op... you are going to have a serious restriction, if you can even get the Tb on the car and not have it hitting the hood. At a minimum you will have to cut out all the inner structure in the back center portion of the hood to make room, and even then the airflow to the Tb will be far from optimal.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

any pics yet ?

Quick Reply: Super Vic and WS6 Hood