Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAL settings

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAL settings

I am going to Moresville tomorrow night for test and tune. I haven't ever run my car with DR's or HALs yet. I still have my stock rear with 3.42's b/c my 9" had the wrong axel tube ends thanks to currie. Anyways i was just wondering what settings i need to have the shocks on. I have the drag launch springs in front and the SLP eibachs in the rear. Tires are G-Force DR's 315's. Any help with tire PSi or launch rpm etc.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turnin'LT4
I am going to Moresville tomorrow night for test and tune. I haven't ever run my car with DR's or HALs yet. I still have my stock rear with 3.42's b/c my 9" had the wrong axel tube ends thanks to currie. Anyways i was just wondering what settings i need to have the shocks on. I have the drag launch springs in front and the SLP eibachs in the rear. Tires are G-Force DR's 315's. Any help with tire PSi or launch rpm etc.
Settings of hal's depends upon weight of car and other suspension setups/mods.

Front's

fP 2 or 3
fd 2 0r 3

Rears's

rd 4 or 5
rp 4 or 5 generally a notch higher by 1 to 2 because this wheel turns first on this side of car

air pressure settings are important too with settings of hal's. Mine runs best at 14 psi whether slicks or nitto's. If you are not sure of tire pressure, then start at 20 or so, and work down in increments of 1 or 2, but don't go below 11 or 12 for safety reasons at track.

You will have to experiment with hal settings or air pressure one at a time and when you find the right combination, the sixty foot will come down.

If first time at the track, let the car cool down and get in the lane with car that has big slicks which will aid you some in take off. good luck.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

I 2nd that. I find 1 is too low up front and the car bounces and then I lose traction in 2nd. We have a poor starting line so I usually end up at 10-12 on the rears. Softer if the track is hooking good. I run BFG DR's also.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm hoping my R series shocks won't bounce on the 1 setting being a 90/10 shock, but I'm going to try it on 1 next week up front.