Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blown 434 4th gen tubbed

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown 434 4th gen tubbed

I'm new to this forum. I have a 434 sbc with 671 blower pushing 9 psi. on it dynoed at 805hp. I have a full bmr front suspension qa1 shocks. Built th400 3500 stall. And I am debating on either mini tubbing it or doing full tub with 4 link. Would it be possible to even hook up on the strip? I have a 9" it in now narrowed 7"s. Let me know what you think would be best. Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails blown 434 4th gen tubbed-2012-01-22-19.52.16.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

there has been several cars making the same power if not more while retaining the factory torque arm suspension. I wouldn't go through the troubles of switching to a 4 link when what you have already works.

Wolfe sells a nice mini tub kit. not sure what the total length of a 9in is off hand so I cant really help you on the mini tub or full tub question.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the respond. That is what I was thinking but I plan to hit it with more boost later down the line. Just don't want to waste my money and just can't hook up with stock setup.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the money available id go 4 link, on the other hand ive done the wolfe mini tub kit to my formula and it was a pretty good kit.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There's guys making 2000 hp getting down the track with stock 4th gen suspension... I don't think you will have a problem, providing you're on a slick tire. The instant tq a setup like that will make would make getting it down on a radial a little harder, but again doable if you can fine tune it.

Fwiw I was very torn on whether to ditch the stock suspension and 4 link m car or stick with the stock type setup, and I decided to stick with the stock setup. 4 link will hook in the parking lot.. but unless you're bracket racing or going for the outlaw big tire type classes you are more limited what classes you can run it in compared to a stock suspension car... stock suspension is allowed in everything.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Jl ws-6. That is a very good point. Well I will do the mini tub set up and get the biggest tire I can get under there. Are.both you guys doing the.Wolfe mini tub set up. Offset control arms and spring relocator? What size tire you guys running? Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Guy that's doing my chassis work makes his own minitub's, and they're a little wider then the standard wolfe ones, we're narrowing up the frame rails alot. Shocks and springs (coilovers) are being mounted off the back of the rear end housing to a bar that's spanning where the stock tank used to be, the control arms are getting moved inwards from the stock location, still bolting up thru the same bolt hole, just a really long bolt.. so noone can cry that they're moved on the body any way other then inwards.

The phb mount is getting rebuilt inwards, or we will put a wishbone on the car, not sure on that yet, as the car will have a wheelie bar and we don't know if there will be room for everything or not yet... if the phb is in the way, it's getting the axe and a wishbone will get built probably above the housing to the rollcage rearwards, or maybe one underneath the rear going forward, I will put pictures up when it's done.

I'm running a hoosier 18192 which is an oversized 29.5 tire, but not a W tire. Pretty much the same as a W in size but a touch taller. I will have enough room for a 31x10.5 tire. I am running a 15x12 sander double beadlock wheel, and the rear is getting narrowed about 6 inches per side, the rims have a 5 inch backspace. Tires are getting pulled in enough to stay away from the outer fender lip so I didn't have to open the wheel well's in the 1/4 up this way... it's tight but there's enough room to put the 31 and not have clearance issues.

I'd say 3 weeks I will have pictures, car is going on the chassis jig next week and will have the cage, and all the rear end stuff done as well.

Quick Reply: blown 434 4th gen tubbed