Wheel Hop Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel Hop Issues

Who has the cure??

Here's my setup:

QA1 shocks front and rear with Hotchkiss springs. LG Motorsports single adjustable LCA's and panhard rod. Relocation Brackets have been added to the Moser 12 bolt (car is lowered about 2"). Tire/Wheel combo is Nitto 555 drags, 245/50/16's.

I didn't have any issues with wheel hop on the stock 10 bolt but went to the 12 bolt of course for a stronger rear. When the 12 bolt went in, it didn't have relocation brackets and the wheel hop was there, pretty much as I expected so I added the weld in relocation brackets.

So far I've tried moving the LCA's to each of the 3 holes on the relocation brackets and tire pressure changes (from 15.5 down to 14) with no success. I haven't changed the length on the LCA's from where they were set with the 10 bolt but I'm wondering if maybe they need to be turned out longer, or maybe a little shorter although they could only be adjusted in shorter about 4 maybe 5 threads. I've adjusted the rear shock setting from 4 down to 3 then 2 (the fronts are set at 7). And I've varied the launch from 4K to 3500, 3K and back up to just under 4K.

At this point I'm open to any ideas or suggestions,,, almost forgot: Car is M6 with spec 3,,,,,,,
Old 03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Try different tires. What do you have for front tires? If they arent nitto drag radial (hope not) swap the tires front to rear and see if the wheelhop goes away. I have the nittos and have the same setup as you (Moser, relocation, LCA blah blah) along with the wheelhop. Many people have told me its the nittos but I havent gotten around to changing them yet. Other problems .
Old 03-27-2004, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

No my fronts are TT2's with big *** 275 BFG's on them LOL. I haven't taken the front "skinny tire" plunge yet but I may be forced to before I'm finished.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking as far as changing the tires. It seems like I read a post about it awhile back,,,, heck it may have been yours
Old 03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would check the 4 bolts holding the TQ arm to the rear. most of the time when I had wheelhop it was because those bolts came loose. Jack the car up from the rear to get some of the load off of it and tighten the bolts ..

If you still tend to get some wheelhop try replacing the front TQ arm mount with a poly Mount .. That should help