Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I unhook swaybar but leave it on car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Can I unhook swaybar but leave it on car?

just wondering, I know its just as easy to remove it completly, but coulnt I also just unhook it from the A arms and leave it under the car for drag racing?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I honestly think just removing one link will render it useless but still keep it out of the way. I've never personally done it though.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

ive done this, but not because i wanted to lol
i replaced my upper and lower A arms and shocks and what not, and the only this that brok was my swaybar links, so while i waited for my BMR sway bars and new poly endlinks i drove around with it not connected. actually nothing happened but take it easy on turns since your gonna roll out more then your used to so highspeed turns are a no no lol
dont do it for too long but its not gonna hurt nothing. the mounting points hold it up out of the way so its not going anywhere.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
ive done this, but not because i wanted to lol
i replaced my upper and lower A arms and shocks and what not, and the only this that brok was my swaybar links, so while i waited for my BMR sway bars and new poly endlinks i drove around with it not connected. actually nothing happened but take it easy on turns since your gonna roll out more then your used to so highspeed turns are a no no lol
dont do it for too long but its not gonna hurt nothing. the mounting points hold it up out of the way so its not going anywhere.
I broke an end link on my z06 and drove without it connected until i got the new end link. car was fine but def will roll out alot more as said above... also I had 1 connected one broken so I had to go extra easy so I didnt snap the other end link.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok well tis will be just for drag racing not cornering, i may just take it off all together though
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

It won't hurt, but you will save a little weight on the front end if go ahead and pull it out.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Done this by accident, had an endlink break on me and didnt notice for about a week. The front end comes up really good w/o one link connected.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Done this by accident, had an endlink break on me and didnt notice for about a week. The front end comes up really good w/o one link connected.
lol it does doesnt it lol

yeah, just take it off, it will save some front weight (they are pretty heavy actually lol) and be sure too. it only takes a few minutes to put it on. if you have a lift its even easier. but the sway bar is pretty easy to intall if you really need it.
for drag racing, you dont really need it. the front that is.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are going to get under the car and turn one bolt, you may as well turn them all.