Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?

Just finished installing my wolfe 6pt roll bar(bolt-on) on the camaro.
Anyone have any tips on where to cut around the bars maybe pics?
Thanks
Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my carpet back in the car and cut a slit in it where the bars were, then trimmed the carpet a little at a time. Turned out pretty good except I screwed up the hatch carpet up a little....
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

I put the same in my 98 camaro about a month ago, i have lots of pics, il post agter a bit when i get on my laptop, on phone now, i basicly pushed the carpet back to as close as i cud get, when it hits the base of the bar, mark it where it touches, pull back a little, carfully cut a hole 1.75 inches exactly where the bar will be, then pick a direction, i went straight to the side, and slit it to the edge. Then open the slit, slide around bar untill hole is on the bar, lay carpet back downa little glue underneath keeps locked in till u reassemble interior. Once its buttoned back up i cant see the slits in mine, came out nice. It was mostly experimenting till i got the hole right size. I cut all of it with a sharp razor knife, just take ur time.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Patience is my tip. If you don't have it, you'll be like me ordering all new stuff.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDEP162
I put the same in my 98 camaro about a month ago, i have lots of pics, il post agter a bit when i get on my laptop, on phone now, i basicly pushed the carpet back to as close as i cud get, when it hits the base of the bar, mark it where it touches, pull back a little, carfully cut a hole 1.75 inches exactly where the bar will be, then pick a direction, i went straight to the side, and slit it to the edge. Then open the slit, slide around bar untill hole is on the bar, lay carpet back downa little glue underneath keeps locked in till u reassemble interior. Once its buttoned back up i cant see the slits in mine, came out nice. It was mostly experimenting till i got the hole right size. I cut all of it with a sharp razor knife, just take ur time.
Thanks for your help. Pictures would be great.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

heres a few, in the back seat pics u can see where I slit carpet from 2 directions, 1 straight towards the middle of the seat bottom of backseat, then towards the b-pillar at a 45 degree or so, then pushed carpet up to the bar, and then cut a hole. I pulled some of the sound dampener foam stoff off, helped a lot , pushed the carpet right against the bar, almost cupped th bar in my hand through the carpet, then drew a half circle right at the base of bar, then pull back and free draw the other half of circle. BETTER to go a little small, then 'shave' a hair off the circle as u need to to make the carpet sit flat. in the fron it was just 1 slit, 2 inches to the side, if u look close u can barely see the slit.
Attached Thumbnails 6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?-2013-04-18_09-11-28_658.jpg   6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?-1366291395288.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

trying to load more pics..
Attached Thumbnails 6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?-latest-camaro-054.jpg   6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?-latest-camaro-083.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

il find some more.. in this one, the foam is still sticking up around the hole, I pulled back and trimmed foam stuff out,came out better than this pic.
Attached Thumbnails 6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?-latest-camaro-085.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

still digging through 1000 pics lol, I have a **** ton more than I cud put here, if u want em later and not a big hurry, pm me ur email addr and I can hook u up. also gutted the whole interior for dynamat too
Attached Thumbnails 6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?-latest-camaro-100.jpg  

Quick Reply: 6pt roll bar installed..any tips on installing the carpet?