Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ET lose with a 6pt. roll bar?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ET lose with a 6pt. roll bar?

What is the average loss in ET after installing a 6pt. roll bar (mild steel)? I'm fighting myself about putting a 6pt. in but i have to now since the tracks will not let me back without it. I'm thinking the roll bar will help my 60 fts. some but i'm also thinking i'm going to lose some ET that i'm trying so hard to not lose because of my goal. I was wondering what people were seeing and i plan to add a hood and drop the bumper supports to overcome it but i would like to know before i do all of that.

Scott
Old 04-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

I you don't do it and it results in the !driver mod it might speed that car up alot.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:55 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
What is the average loss in ET after installing a 6pt. roll bar (mild steel)? I'm fighting myself about putting a 6pt. in but i have to now since the tracks will not let me back without it. I'm thinking the roll bar will help my 60 fts. some but i'm also thinking i'm going to lose some ET that i'm trying so hard to not lose because of my goal. I was wondering what people were seeing and i plan to add a hood and drop the bumper supports to overcome it but i would like to know before i do all of that.

Scott
You need to be safe at the track. I would put the roll bar in. The hood and bumper supports would offset any weight. Ya might just run faster.

Coach
Old 04-28-2004, 06:26 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as coach said, the offset in weight might equal the difference. A normal 6 point is about 50-65 lbs. But the safety and structure it adds is worth the weight you add!

Derek
Old 04-28-2004, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't forget to add the weight of the 5 point harness. I was suprised how much that box weighed. As the others have said, safety first.

Bruce
Old 04-28-2004, 03:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always get chromoly to reduce the amount of weight added by a little. You can overcome the weight difference - besides, if you don't do it, you'll never be able to find out cause you won't be allowed to race! Be safe!