Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trimming hood ext. to windshield trans am???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trimming hood ext. to windshield trans am???

this mite not be the rite place to post but i fig this section gets alot of views and maybe somebodys got an easy way to do this? i got a 2000 trans am and i ordered a vfn ext to windshield hood with the cowl delete on hood also. so the whole hood lays on the windshield. the problem is that it dont fit well at all on the contour of windshield. the windshield in the car is cracked so im not worried about scratching it i fig. i could use it for a guide b4 i put new 1 in. so is there an easy way to maybe lay something on the windshield and trim the hood or whats the best way to do it? ive got a brace to hold the back of it up for support so id like to have a small gap 1/4 or so between windhield n hood to let some heat out and to keep it from scratching new windshield and cracking new paint on hood from bouncing on windshield! any ideas??????
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Somebody knows an easy way i know?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the "cowl delete"?
I'm lost on that one.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I now have a headache from reading that post.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Some fn hoods just the cowl or ram air part goes to windshield and keeps the stock plastic under windshield this is the sunoco style! Well i tried to explain best i could! I was just tryn to figure out a wayto make some type of jig to follow windshield where it would look good! Always gotta ba smart 1 in the group!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3stgstocker
this mite not be the rite place to post but i fig this section gets alot of views and maybe somebodys got an easy way to do this? i got a 2000 trans am and i ordered a vfn ext to windshield hood with the cowl delete on hood also. so the whole hood lays on the windshield. the problem is that it dont fit well at all on the contour of windshield. the windshield in the car is cracked so im not worried about scratching it i fig. i could use it for a guide b4 i put new 1 in. so is there an easy way to maybe lay something on the windshield and trim the hood or whats the best way to do it? ive got a brace to hold the back of it up for support so id like to have a small gap 1/4 or so between windhield n hood to let some heat out and to keep it from scratching new windshield and cracking new paint on hood from bouncing on windshield! any ideas??????
Theres the problem bro, the hood has to lay over the engine bay, not the windshield.

On a serious note, post pics to better explain your question.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VFN does not make a "Sunoco" hood for a Trans Am.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would return a hood before cutting it.

Quick Reply: trimming hood ext. to windshield trans am???