Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

build thread: t56/76mm real street/x235

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studderin
might not think about it, but some times if you put a little pressure of the shifter for the next gear, Not pulling at all just a little, more then nothing. then when you kick the clutch it goes right out if gear. noticed this with the 2step,the t56 gear think its from the helix cut in the gear (not strait cut teeth) holds them in gear when the power on going thu the gear set, so with the 2step cuts the power it takes the lash out of the gear ("unlocks" them) so it goes right out of gear into neutral, and into the next gear. I'm not a expert of t56 rebuilding,inside stuff just a idea, could be wrong. But noticed when you try to do a fast shift all in one motion when I try to "shift" before I'm off the gas. I'm too slow getting it out of gear in the super fast- clutch kick/pull gear, and end up in neutral. The little preload helps and saves the little .00004 sec head start of your arm to the foot. In the time window of the clutch kick. Not to go off topic, im so happy for ray, I can wait to get back on my car after these ray updates. And how hes killing it, blue99fbody is king badass ************
thanks man and i aint got time to think about that im just trying to pull gears and keep it off the walls haha
Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So next season you need to put a 427 and a huge 101mm or something on it lol.

Love this car. Really makes me rethink about switching mine to auto. But of course..we can't all drive like you lol.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice project.subed.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Real race cars have 3 pedals!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FOSTER21
Real race cars have 3 pedals!
Old 09-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

I want this car to be the first stock suspension T56 f body to run 7s.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Ray you're making history! The video from LS fest is everywhere.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

This is my favorite car so I need to ask another (possibly equally dopey) question. Now that you have the engine dialed in could you safely switch to a cast aluminum block? I'm thinking this could be a relatively inexpensive way to gain a tenth or two, especially with the smaller tires.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
So next season you need to put a 427 and a huge 101mm or something on it lol.

Love this car. Really makes me rethink about switching mine to auto. But of course..we can't all drive like you lol.
the car will prob never see bigger than a 76 unless i can get a turbo sponsor to step up, car is built within lsx real street and xos 8.5 rules and plan on staying with those classes for a while.

Originally Posted by Boostedhatch
I want this car to be the first stock suspension T56 f body to run 7s.
never say never but 7s is still a good jump away and will prob require an aftermarket block

Originally Posted by Gary Z
This is my favorite car so I need to ask another (possibly equally dopey) question. Now that you have the engine dialed in could you safely switch to a cast aluminum block? I'm thinking this could be a relatively inexpensive way to gain a tenth or two, especially with the smaller tires.
i would not feel confedient in an alum block unless it was a resleaved erl or aftermarket $$$$$$. im pushing the limits of the stock iron block as it is. would like to go to a 6 bolt lsx block. plus in class racing i have a minimum weight anyway i have to be which i already have to balast the car up to so not worth the money for the rare time i get to try and take the weight out and make a hero pass
Old 09-12-2014, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

and thanks for the support and feed back guys its what keeps pushing me to go faster and keep the t56
Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
...i would not feel confedient in an alum block unless it was a resleaved erl or aftermarket $$$$$$. im pushing the limits of the stock iron block as it is. would like to go to a 6 bolt lsx block. plus in class racing i have a minimum weight anyway i have to be which i already have to balast the car up to so not worth the money for the rare time i get to try and take the weight out and make a hero pass
Thanks. I was thinking of your mention of being 200 lbs overweight. I see now that was last year. You have been making hero passes - we don't expect you to make a Kamikaze pass. Thanks for showing everyone what is possible with a T-56. I hope a few others will be inspired to follow.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Thanks. I was thinking of your mention of being 200 lbs overweight. I see now that was last year. You have been making hero passes - we don't expect you to make a Kamikaze pass. Thanks for showing everyone what is possible with a T-56. I hope a few others will be inspired to follow.
thanks and, ya we dropped enough weight this year to off set adding the turbo intercooler and iron block so the car is about the same weight it was last year with no ballast (3200) but turbo minimum weights are more than the nitrous combos
Old 09-16-2014, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

but turbo minimum weights are more than the nitrous combos
I wonder why...
Old 09-16-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good stuff man. Got an lsx block for sale if you want it.

Been wondering if you lift off the throttle when you shift. Sounds to me like you do but I was not sure. The turbos are calling my name but not sure if I wanna go to all the trouble.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nmass399
Good stuff man. Got an lsx block for sale if you want it.

Been wondering if you lift off the throttle when you shift. Sounds to me like you do but I was not sure. The turbos are calling my name but not sure if I wanna go to all the trouble.
shoot me a price on the block. and no i do not lift but what you hear is the 2 step cutting everytime i push the clutch to take the load off and help the trans live. and to be honest i would have done this a long time ago and gave up on the nitrous had i known this was gonna work this good and be this simple. i always said id never go turbo with the m6 but since real street takes a 20k+$ nitrous motor to compete i took the chance.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

how long did you have the moster stage 2 twin in? Howd you like it?
Im aiming for around 900 wheel on a 7675 with a 5.3. nothing near as radical as your setup, but I figure if it worked well with your setup, it will be fine with mine.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Spectre86
how long did you have the moster stage 2 twin in? Howd you like it?
Im aiming for around 900 wheel on a 7675 with a 5.3. nothing near as radical as your setup, but I figure if it worked well with your setup, it will be fine with mine.
I'd recommend the LT1-SC for you, not the Level 2 twin disc.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I'd recommend the LT1-SC for you, not the Level 2 twin disc.
I thought they were the same?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Spectre86
I thought they were the same?
Not at all. I shot you an email responding about the LT1-SC specs, the Level 2 billet setup is a smaller, lighter, less forgiving unit.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

shoot me a price on the block. and no i do not lift but what you hear is the 2 step cutting everytime i push the clutch to take the load off and help the trans live. and to be honest i would have done this a long time ago and gave up on the nitrous had i known this was gonna work this good and be this simple. i always said id never go turbo with the m6 but since real street takes a 20k+$ nitrous motor to compete i took the chance.
Ok, it sounded like it was loosing spool inbetween shifts goin down the track is why i asked. Are you loosing any boost pressure on the shifts? I had thought about putting another rev limiter on mine when no lift shifting because it shoots past the stock computers rev limiter on the data log.

Yeah trying to put the best heads intake cubic inches ect. to make power gets expensive quick.

Keep workin at, your gonna get it figured out and go faster.

pm sent.

Quick Reply: build thread: t56/76mm real street/x235