Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 inch need brake help?????!!!!!!!! moser wilwood strange?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9 inch need brake help?????!!!!!!!! moser wilwood strange?s

I got a moser 9 inch in my 2000 trans am im lookn to upgrade the brakes to a drag setup and tryn to find out if anybody else has this setup n what part #s work for rear brakes.the housing ends are the gm special which has 3.150 big ford bearing but has a standard 12 bolt or stock fbody brake mounting bracket pattern. the axle bearing is a flush mount like a drum style brake setup im tryn to find out what part# from wildwood strange etc will work like I said lookn for drag setup. talked to guy at wildwood who told me to measure the brake offset which is from axle flange to bearing flange they say it should be 2.81 to 2.91 and I checked mine and its 2.650 but im thinkn the spacers that come with it will make it rite but im not sure of part # any help? I know people have done this goin from stock fbody brakes on a 9in. to drag setup?
Old 01-13-2015, 06:17 AM
TECH Regular

Call Midwest chassis and they'll straighten you out with what you need.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ This guy knows whats up!

We have done the flush mount and oem bolt pattern flange to race brakes several times. Give us a a call and we will get you taken care of.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Teching In

moser told me straight up i can't bolt any aftermarket brakes on there rear end…i will be selling mine and buy a mwc fab 9….my moser was brand new never stopped leaking and they said they couldn't do anything about it

Quick Reply: 9 inch need brake help?????!!!!!!!! moser wilwood strange?s