Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Track says i need a roll bar. which one.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Race Track says i need a roll bar. which one.

the last time i was at the track i ran a 11.03. just after i was putting the car on the trailer, one of the track officals came up to be a said i better be thinking about a cage before i get any faster. this is a first since in the past i was running a 69 camaro that ran 10 flat with just lap belts and a helmet as my safty mods. i really dont mind putting in a cage since i have seen a couple of freinds roll over before but i have one problem. i know that i am drag racing this car but one of my goals with it was not to modifly anything that could not be put back to just like stock. so far, i have gotting away with not drilling any holes or cutting the body any where. i already removed the origanal motor and tranny and put them in storage so i would not destroy then in the process of raceing it. so my question is, is there anyway to install a cage without drilling any holes or welding to the body. basicly, way in the future i wanted to restore the car to completely the origanal shape that i bought it in. is this possible or do are all the cages require drilling the body.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wole Bolt in cage is your best option. You have to drill holes but they are coveredd by the carpet. Then again you can weld a similar roll BAR into the car. when you want it out you can cut it at the very bottom and the carpet will cover the thin plate left behind. But no, you can't glue one in or anything
Old 06-06-2004, 03:11 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you do a weld in you can cut it off at the plates. You'll still see the plates, but it's not that bad.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea i didn't figure they were truly bolt on without drilling. maybe i will just put it together and lay it in the car to make it look like it is bolted down just kidding. looks like the weld in and cut off latter method is the best one.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:40 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bolt on ones will leave some holes behind but they are pretty easy to install. I was the same as you and didnt want to do anything so I couldnt put the car back stock and especially didnt want to put a roll bar in the car but it got to the point where no one would let me run the car anymore without one so I just did a 5 point moly bolt in. Super easy install, only pain was waiting for it to arrive. It was nice to go to the track last weekend and not have to run and hide after every pass though

Search this Thread