Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>>>>>>>>NEW C5 Short Throw Shifter Now Available From Hinson Motorsports<<<<<<<<<

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default >>>>>>>>>NEW C5 Short Throw Shifter Now Available From Hinson Motorsports<<<<<<<<<

HINSON Motorsports C5 Short Throw Shifter Intro Pricing Link

Hinson Motorsports is proud to announce our HINSON C5 Corvette Short Throw Shifter for your 1997-2004 Corvette. This shifter was designed for the Corvette enthusiast who is tired of the sloppy stock shifter. Built in the USA, this is the best way to shorten throws and narrow the gate distance between gears in your late model Corvette.

Engineered for precision shifts & closer gates
Short ratio throw for the fastest possible shifts
Powder coated & weighted steel shifter handle
CNC machined aluminum base
Accepts HINSON logo shift ****
Direct bolt in installation
Made and assembled in the USA

Multiple shift ball options.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:03 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool deal man.

It is amazing though seeing a short throw shifter for a c5 just now coming to market though, even though I'm sure there are others. Does this one do anything better than the competition?
Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Cool deal man.

It is amazing though seeing a short throw shifter for a c5 just now coming to market though, even though I'm sure there are others. Does this one do anything better than the competition?
Agreed. c5 is hardly late model, too.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
Cool deal man.

"In short the shifter is faster, smoother, and more definitive than anything I have ever driven. I can't believe how fast it is. I went from pushing the clutch in and waiting on my hand to finish the shift to now I can't move my left foot fast enough on the clutch. I'm having to retrain my left foot to move faster than my arm/shifter now". This was a quote from one of several test unit cars we have been testing for months now.

This is some feedback from one of our C6 test cars that uses the same base, but a different handle configuration.

Brian here. Here are my two cents on the product.

I was happy with the stock C6 shifter. It was smooth and better than the C5 experience. In true cliche form, I didn't realize what I was missing until I installed the HINSON Corvette Short Throw Shifter (shameless plug). I'm running one in my LS7 Grandsport right now for design and prototype testing. Let me give you the play by play.

The shifter is a true short throw ratio design. Think F1 type shift speed with your manual T56 or TR6060. I've honestly never shifted a manual as fast this new design allows. For perspective, I have had to train my left foot to work the clutch faster. I used to wait on the shifter. Now I am waiting on my left foot to speed up. This short throw shifter is rocketship fast.

Our C6 shifter handle is currently in production. It is unique to the C6 and will accept our round ball options (photos coming soon) or the factory ****. I am currently using the handle for our C5 shifter in my C6 with a round ****, and I love the short throw. I'll post some pictures, but keep in mind the the C6 handle with round ball or factory **** option has a provision for the shift boot. The C5 handle lets the boot rest open which looks good in my opinion. Everyone will have their own preference.

The throw is incredibly short. The throw is not "notchy" like other shifters I've driven, but it is unique that it gives the definitive position with less effort. There is no guessing on whether you're in gear. Pull it easily and quickly. You feel the engagement of each position without an unnecessary effort to get there. Short throw, definitive gear engagement, and lightening fast shifts.

Brian

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Agreed. c5 is hardly late model, too.
As avid Corvette nuts we are constantly looking for new things to come up with to enhance our driving experiences. So when we set out to design the best shifters, we started with the cars we knew best and personally own. As we all know there are only slight differences between the C5, C6, and C7 shifters, so why not make one for everybody.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HINSON Motorsports
As avid Corvette nuts we are constantly looking for new things to come up with to enhance our driving experiences. So when we set out to design the best shifters, we started with the cars we knew best and personally own. As we all know there are only slight differences between the C5, C6, and C7 shifters, so why not make one for everybody.
I must have misunderstood the info you wrote. I retract my statement and wish you the best
Old 08-03-2015, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
I must have misunderstood the info you wrote. I retract my statement and wish you the best
It's all good man, no big deal.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump.

Quick Reply: >>>>>>>>>NEW C5 Short Throw Shifter Now Available From Hinson Motorsports<<<<<<<<<