Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody run a TRZ panhard/antiroll bar combo.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anybody run a TRZ panhard/antiroll bar combo.

Seems like a pretty stealth piece. Has anybody used one?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah quite a few people, seems pretty popular. My choice was between it and midwest chassis and ended up with the MWC version.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I've put a couple of those on cars and they seem to work pretty well. Due to the design you have to preload the opposite side as a standard bar to get the same effect, but other than that it's a nice piece, fits well, doesnt' weigh a TON and a nice option for someone with a car they don't want to cut up but needs a better than stock anti rollbar.

One car I have worked on has the trz setup on it and with an M6 and a 28 inch slick has seen 1.40 60 foot times, not a land rocket but for a car that's 36xx and has 480 rwhp it's not doing too bad, especially with the stick in the car.

Spohn also used to make a solid chromoly 1 inch bar, it was heavy but also worked pretty good in comparison to a stock one.

Not what a wolfe bar or the Midwest bar is but it worked pretty well for a stock style bolt in part.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yeah quite a few people, seems pretty popular. My choice was between it and midwest chassis and ended up with the MWC version.
I didn't know they made one. I just see the regular version on their site.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I've put a couple of those on cars and they seem to work pretty well. Due to the design you have to preload the opposite side as a standard bar to get the same effect, but other than that it's a nice piece, fits well, doesnt' weigh a TON and a nice option for someone with a car they don't want to cut up but needs a better than stock anti rollbar.

One car I have worked on has the trz setup on it and with an M6 and a 28 inch slick has seen 1.40 60 foot times, not a land rocket but for a car that's 36xx and has 480 rwhp it's not doing too bad, especially with the stick in the car.

Spohn also used to make a solid chromoly 1 inch bar, it was heavy but also worked pretty good in comparison to a stock one.

Not what a wolfe bar or the Midwest bar is but it worked pretty well for a stock style bolt in part.
I didn't even think about having to preload the opposite side. Good info thanks.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Race your car!

It's just because of the way it's mounted. Normally if a car drives left you would the. He left side out or right side in, this one is the other way. Not a big deal it says it in the instructions but I know how people are and never read them lol
Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
I didn't know they made one. I just see the regular version on their site.
We offer an anti roll bar that will work for any housing with weld on or bolt on chassis brackets available in black or red. If your housing does not have sway bar brackets we offer those as well.
Online Store

Picture of our PHB and ARB on one of our fabricated housings, it utilizes a straight design but works the same way.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's just because of the way it's mounted. Normally if a car drives left you would the. He left side out or right side in, this one is the other way. Not a big deal it says it in the instructions but I know how people are and never read them lol
After you made that post I went to their site and read the instructions. I don't want to be that guy....
Old 05-03-2016, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had mine adjusted wrong when I first installed it. Woah Car was steering itself into oncoming traffic under heavy throttle
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Race your car!

Exactly.

I have my own way of setting drag bars up that's not by most instructions, kind of old school but it works.

Find the center of the front and jack it up until the tires are just coming off the ground like a couple inches.... with the driver in the car set the preload so both front tires are the same distance from the ground...

I've set every car I've worked on this way and not once has one pulled in one direction or another unless it had a big issue with tire diameters being different
Old 05-05-2016, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 375 Likes on 214 Posts

Yes and it is great. One of the best overall value'd parts I have bought. fit great. I havent made any trans brake passes on my car yet but I have foot braked high 1.3's/low 1.4's. Very stable and straight. Couple buddies of mine have done 1.22-1.30's without trying with the same kit. 32-3600lb fbodies with 7-985whp.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine was still lifting driver tire only when I first installed it (not enough preload I guess) I cranked the passenger side longer and it started driving left into the oncoming lane. Shortened it a tad and it acted better, a little more and now she is driving straight and lifting them almost perfectly even. Its all about learning.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 506 Likes on 203 Posts

I'm running one, bolted right on even with the 8.8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody run a TRZ panhard/antiroll bar combo.