Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S10 Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 Roll Cage

Hey guys, im a newbie and I have introduced myself in the introduction and greetings forum. I will move this to a different forum if needed. I'm building a turbo s10 and its about that time to where I start putting the cage together. I was searching and found out that my truck needs a cage (of course ) only thing is, I don't like how the rear bars come out the window and the truck is going to run mid to low 5s in the 1/8th and I was wondering if a 10 point cage with a funny car cage pass tech or will I have to get a sfi 25.3 cage. I don't want he rear bars coming out the window. but if I have to run back bars , can I run it to where the bars are below the window? It will mostly be raced at Jackson aka house of hook. It will be a grudge car and a street car. Not a DD but it will see lots of street time. Any help would be fantastic. Thank you
Old 05-11-2016, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am doing the same thing, 97 S10 turbo shooting for 900+ rwhp. So I am buying a cage from S&W race cars. It will have the bars through the back window. This is really a support for the rear frame and not the driver compartment. The higher you get this bar at the cab, the better it is. So yes, you can run the bars through the bed but due to the low angle, you are losing a ton of frame support in the rear. You are going to need that support if running high torque numbers and launching hard.

As for the track allowing it, you will need to see if they are sanctioned by NHRA or IHRA and then read the rules. I'm not sure what the actual rule is for the cage behind the cab.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taxman20
I am doing the same thing, 97 S10 turbo shooting for 900+ rwhp. So I am buying a cage from S&W race cars. It will have the bars through the back window. This is really a support for the rear frame and not the driver compartment. The higher you get this bar at the cab, the better it is. So yes, you can run the bars through the bed but due to the low angle, you are losing a ton of frame support in the rear. You are going to need that support if running high torque numbers and launching hard.

As for the track allowing it, you will need to see if they are sanctioned by NHRA or IHRA and then read the rules. I'm not sure what the actual rule is for the cage behind the cab.
I believe it's IHRA but thanks for your reply and help. looking for 1000+hp I will look into the rules

Quick Reply: S10 Roll Cage