Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IHRA Ls1 Pure stocker

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IHRA Ls1 Pure stocker

Hey guys, i have gotten one of my wild ideas and decided i was going to try something a little different for next year. I have always been interested in the stock eliminator classes but have never been able to justify dishing out that much money for a car to race in one class. I have been bracket racing almost 20 years now and stumbled across "pure stock". Just like any other stock classes there is an index based off hp and weight. I jumped into this deal pretty clueless on some of the class racing stuff along with tinkering with the ls1. My bracket car has a traditional small block and a powerglide so now much technology there. But i'm to the testing point of the project so i thought i would share my results. I found where i am to be pretty impressive so what do you guys think?

I started with my first car, a 2001 b4c ls1 camaro automatic.
i put 3.73 gears in it, hughes built me a 4500 stall with no lockup, i put a transgo shift kit in the 4l60e, long tube headers with ory and 3 inch all the way back to a flowmaster muffler. slp lid and everything else is bone stock. Due to it being a stock eliminator class you are limited to stock heads, cam, intake, crank and all that. The index for the class is 12.70 in the 1/4 with a minimum weight of 3450. It weighed 3500 pounds with me in it.

I have been having to mess with the shift points due to the gear change and tire size but trial and error is getting me there. I took it out to the Texas Motorplex last friday and it went 12.29 in the 1/4. After a few more changes i managed to run a 7.68 at a local 1/8th mile track with a 1.56 60'.

The car is still bone stock as far as any performance in the tune. i plan on throwing it on the dyno and playing with it in the months to come. Should be another .10 or so i think i can get out of it. More results to come!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep us posted this will be a cool thread to watch since the engine is staying unopened and the weight needs to stay around stock. What you learn will transfer very well to anyone on here looking to go fast on a budget without gutting their car.

Quick Reply: IHRA Ls1 Pure stocker