Sponsored by:

2 Step without trans brake wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:14 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 2 Step without trans brake wiring diagram

Wiring up a Lingenfelter LNC-003 2 Step without a transbrake. I want to activate it with a momentary switch and turn it off with a Lingenfelter STOV-001 MPH Switch. I am running a Holley Terminator EFI, so my mph signal will come from an Auto Meter Hall Effect Switch mounted on the transmission. A Dakota Digital SGI-5E will convert the signal for the Lingenfelter MPH Switch. Have I got this wiring set up right?
Old 01-25-2017, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man.... your still kickin!!
Bump for ya, I'm no good at this but thought someone would have replied to it by now.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiring diagram feedback

Diagram looks fine but note the following:

Based on the diagram, the secondary RPM activation will always be active (since +12 volts will be connected to the orange wire all the time). If you are using this as a high end rev limiter I do not see a problem with it.

Other Notes:
  • The indicator light will only be active if the toggle switch is on.
  • The line-lock will only be active if the toggle switch is on and the momentary button is pressed.
  • Primary 2-Step will only be active if the momentary switch is pressed, the toggle switch is on, and when you are below the set speed set on the STOV-001.

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Wiring up a Lingenfelter LNC-003 2 Step without a transbrake. I want to activate it with a momentary switch and turn it off with a Lingenfelter STOV-001 MPH Switch. I am running a Holley Terminator EFI, so my mph signal will come from an Auto Meter Hall Effect Switch mounted on the transmission. A Dakota Digital SGI-5E will convert the signal for the Lingenfelter MPH Switch. Have I got this wiring set up right?

Last edited by Jason Haines @ LPE; 01-31-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-31-2017, 06:36 PM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
Diagram looks fine but note the following:

Based on the diagram, the secondary RPM activation will always be active (since +12 volts will be connected to the orange wire all the time). If you are using this as a high end rev limiter I do not see a problem with it.

Other Notes:
  • The indicator light will only be active if the toggle switch is on.
  • The line-lock will only be active if the toggle switch is on and the momentary button is pressed.
  • Primary 2-Step will only be active if the momentary switch is pressed, the toggle switch is on, and when you are below the set speed set on the STOV-001.
Jason, thank you for the reply!

I am wanting the components to operate as you have noted.

Scott
Old 02-02-2017, 05:30 PM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by 98 grmrpr
Hey man.... your still kickin!!
Bump for ya, I'm no good at this but thought someone would have replied to it by now.
Yep, I'm still around lol.

I'm a patient guy. It paid off cause I got the answers I needed. I hit the 10 year mark on my build next month.

Quick Reply: 2 Step without trans brake wiring diagram