Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Bogart P2 series on an F-body

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 07:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Bogart P2 series on an F-body

Once again, SJM Mfg has come up with a design for our cars to work with another bogart series rim. First, I personally introduced the P1 series to our car(LT1 and LS1) and now comes a new step of wheels for our cars.

It will work on either LS1's or LT1's. The prototypes are done and now these are available for production. We now have one car with these rims and fitment is very good. You do need some modifications to make these work due to the design of moving the mass towards the center area of the rim(no way around it) but the benifits are worth it.

If you have an LS1 though, you ether need to convert to the LT1 style rear calipers/rotors(or aftermarket drag rotors). The LT1 brakes are more desirable (over LS1's) from a weight standpoint as they are much lighter then the LS1's. The fronts must use a drag rotor/caliper for both years...not much can be done with ours BUT their is major benifits from a weight standpoint and stopping standpoint with the drag setup (for the strip).

Keep in mind to anyone interested these are STRICTLY a drag racing item only and should only be run on the strip. These are for hard core owners whom have their car under 3300#'s.

Hold on to your pants on this one... the fronts WITH...yes I said WITH the ET drag tire is approx 8.5 lbs (did I stutter..hehe)!!!!!!!

The rear WITH (once again) WITH the 28x10.5 ET drag tire weighs 16 lbs!!!

I keep mentioning to everyone also that weight isn't the only factor when considering these rims. Its not just how much weight a wheel weighs, its how its distributed on the wheel. The bogart design incorporates most of the weight (especially with the P2 series) towards the center of rotation of the wheel. What this does is keep the rotating mass down. Therefore a 10 lb weight with most of the weight on the outside is much worse then a 10 lb wheel primarily with its weight towards the center of the wheels rotation. It happens to be that not only is the bogart design very good from an engineering standpoint, but it's the lightest wheels out there for each series it runs.

If these rims are not for you, then the P1 street/strip series are you next choice. They are available with direct fitment in mind and are spec'd out to be LS1 and LT1 specific.

If you need help with Bogart wheels, shoot me an email or call as I work first hand with these and with Bogart and am very familiar with their designs.

A pic of the first production P2 series rim is listed on my site. I'm not sure how to post the pic on here so if someone wants a few pics, let me know. I have a few others not shown.

Steve
Bogart Distributor
Old 02-02-2003, 07:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: First Bogart P2 series on an F-body

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by steve10:
<strong> Once again, SJM Mfg has come up with a design for our cars to work with another bogart series rim. First, I personally introduced the P1 series to our car(LT1 and LS1) and now comes a new step of wheels for our cars.

It will work on either LS1's or LT1's. The prototypes are done and now these are available for production. We now have one car with these rims and fitment is very good. You do need some modifications to make these work due to the design of moving the mass towards the center area of the rim(no way around it) but the benifits are worth it.

If you have an LS1 though, you ether need to convert to the LT1 style rear calipers/rotors(or aftermarket drag rotors). The LT1 brakes are more desirable (over LS1's) from a weight standpoint as they are much lighter then the LS1's. The fronts must use a drag rotor/caliper for both years...not much can be done with ours BUT their is major benifits from a weight standpoint and stopping standpoint with the drag setup (for the strip).

Keep in mind to anyone interested these are STRICTLY a drag racing item only and should only be run on the strip. These are for hard core owners whom have their car under 3300#'s.

Hold on to your pants on this one... the fronts WITH...yes I said WITH the ET drag tire is approx 8.5 lbs (did I stutter..hehe)!!!!!!!

The rear WITH (once again) WITH the 28x10.5 ET drag tire weighs 16 lbs!!!

I keep mentioning to everyone also that weight isn't the only factor when considering these rims. Its not just how much weight a wheel weighs, its how its distributed on the wheel. The bogart design incorporates most of the weight (especially with the P2 series) towards the center of rotation of the wheel. What this does is keep the rotating mass down. Therefore a 10 lb weight with most of the weight on the outside is much worse then a 10 lb wheel primarily with its weight towards the center of the wheels rotation. It happens to be that not only is the bogart design very good from an engineering standpoint, but it's the lightest wheels out there for each series it runs.

If these rims are not for you, then the P1 street/strip series are you next choice. They are available with direct fitment in mind and are spec'd out to be LS1 and LT1 specific.

If you need help with Bogart wheels, shoot me an email or call as I work first hand with these and with Bogart and am very familiar with their designs.

A pic of the first production P2 series rim is listed on my site. I'm not sure how to post the pic on here so if someone wants a few pics, let me know. I have a few others not shown.

Steve
Bogart Distributor </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry to argue, but there is NOOOOOO way the fronts weigh 8.5#'s WITH a drag front. The drag fronts weigh 11 to 13#'s per all the manufacturers (Goodyear, Hoosier, M/T).

Same thing on the rears...a 28x10.5 ET Drag weighs 23 - 24#'s without tubes! Pick your brand as they are all in the same range.

In fact, as I have emailed you, I am VERY interested in some Bogarts, but we all will buy these versions that weigh negative pounds.

Per Rick Bogart himself, in a conversation I had with him a couple of weeks ago, in the P2 series (Force 5, Aluma Light, etc.) a 15x3.5 with 1.75" bs front weighs 6.5-6.75#'s without the center cap and a 15x10 with 7" bs rear weighs 10.5-10.75#'s.

I personally have weighed a rear recently and it weighed the above on a certified scale. Just trying to clear up the information.

Nevertheless, per your email to me earlier on pricing, you do have good deals going on Bogarts.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:58 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got a set of CCWs for my corvette...although they dont seem to be too popular they are pretty light. 31lbs for the front and 41lbs for the rear sporting 26 x 11.5s and 26 x 4s. They can be driven on the street without the worry of bending associated with the Bogarts.
Phillip
Old 02-02-2003, 11:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, you know your absolutly correct. I did not personally weight them but will recheck the exact weight again.

I can't believe I missed that one also!! ET drags do weigh about 11-12 lbs!!...the weights are way off. The fronts should be around 6.5 lbs rim only as I've mentioned to you before via email conversations. I am SOOO glad that you caught that big mistake!!

These are the lightest on the market still. I will have them reweighed to get accurate results...looks like I put the carriage in front of the horse when it came to having them weighed!!

The weight may have been 8.5 with the centercap and valve stem on it possibly but now that seems too high. could be scale error. I will have them reweighed once again to clarify this situation.

Steve
Old 02-02-2003, 11:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO NO NO Steve its my fault totally I was in such a hurry to put these things on that I rolled them on the scale and right off onto the car..I apologize for that ,but regardless they are alot lighter than the drag lites I was running...I have to rebleed the brakes anyway so I'll make sure I send you the accurate info..my apologies..

<small>[ February 02, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Joe Overton ]</small>

Quick Reply: First Bogart P2 series on an F-body