Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need sizes for 15 inch race wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need sizes for 15 inch race wheels

I want to get some 15 inch rims and slicks but I don't know what backspacing and stuff. Can you help me with these specs? I am thinking of getting either WELD Draglites or Convo Pros, but the Convo Pros stick out a bit for my tastes. I really don't like the idea of using spacers. My Moser 12 bolt has stock wheel studs, so using a spacer would probably end up breaking my studs, right? I like the Bogarts BUT they are expensive and I want to drive on the street too. I am looking for skinnies 15x3.5 - 15x4(not sure which one) with the 165 tires and I don't know whether to go with a 15x8 or 15x10 for the rear with a 26x10.5x15 or 26x11.5x15 ET STREET (for track)and 275-60-15 BFG DRAG RADIALS for the street. BTW- this is for my 99 SS. SEE SIG for mods.
Old 02-21-2003, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: need sizes for 15 inch race wheels

15x3.5= 1 3/4 bs
15x4= 2 1/4 bs
15x8= 5.5 bs
15x10= 7.5 bs
5 on 4 3/4 bolt circle
and if you dont like the idea of spacers, then i hope you like the idea of a whole $hitload of grinding.

<small>[ February 21, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: ROB'S SS ]</small>
Old 02-21-2003, 10:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need sizes for 15 inch race wheels

If you don't mind having a few inconveniences with stud length, spacers, or grinding and want to just get something that is inexpensive, your best choice may be welds. Personally, the centerline B/S is not very good for our cars nor are they large enough to run big tires so they are not a good choice in my opinion.

The only other choice are Bogart’s which I feel is the best choice. I felt so strongly about the Bogart line, I personally initiated the design and sales for LS1's and LT1's. You get what you pay for. For the small difference in price, I feel it's worth it. I'm sure that just about EVERYONE whom has them already is glad they didn't go with anything else.

For the guys whom I have told "wait until you see them in person!" ...they now understand what I meant now that they have them...yes they are that nice.

The P1 series has stood the test of time on the streets. Though these are NOT DOT legal as many of the other drag series rims or even sold as a street rim...Just as any drag rim, you must be careful using them on the streets. To date, no one has bent a P1 set running them on the streets.

Email me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Btw, the 15x8's come out to be approx 8.25 inches and are at approx 6.25 B/S. This is a much more appealing size imho for a 8 inch rim. The difference in price between the 15x9.75's are almost nill, I feel the best choice is to stay with the larger rim so that your not limited if you choose to run a bigger tire later on.

Steve

<small>[ February 21, 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: steve10 ]</small>