Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

differents between wolf roll bars and jegster roll bars.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default differents between wolf roll bars and jegster roll bars.

i was looking for a roll bar for my 02 SS and was wondering what the differents between these two. from what i have gathered so far, i found out that the jegster is alot cheaper and already notched. were as the wolf looks like its better quality but cost more. also the wolf charges $100 to notch it. what do yall think? i was looking for a regular steel, 4 or 6 point. the jegster only has a 4 and 8 but the 8 is pretty much a 6 with 2 more bars in the center.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it Steve..... I know FRCEFED did the Jegs rollbar. He welded it in hisself said it was a good fit. He hangs out in FI alot. See if he can Email ya the pics.
Kyle
Old 08-30-2004, 12:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Do it Steve..... I know FRCEFED did the Jegs rollbar. He welded it in hisself said it was a good fit. He hangs out in FI alot. See if he can Email ya the pics.
Kyle
that would be cool man. let me know.
steve
Old 08-30-2004, 11:34 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spend the coin and get chromoly if you plan to keep the car and keep making it faster. Just a suggestion...
Old 08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
Spend the coin and get chromoly if you plan to keep the car and keep making it faster. Just a suggestion...
i dont have anything to weld chromoly. i just got a wire feed and arc. although it would me nice to have chromoly.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Teching In

those welders will work fine on chromemoloy.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

i thought you need a tig to do it correctly. i might be wrong since i never tried it my self.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes, to be NHRA legal, a chromemoly bar/cage must be TIG welded. Mild steel can be MIG or TIG.

Since you're just talking about a rollbar and not a cage, it won't actually have to be inspected or pass any kind of certification, so you could probably get away with a MIG welded moly bar...
Old 08-31-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another option is to fit the rollbar and tack it in with your MIG (The floor plates can be 100% MIG). Then take the car to a welding shop and have the tubes TIG welded. Remember, the tighter your tubing joints, the less the shop will fuss at you and the better the finished product! You might also want to get a shop to bend your floor plates in a press to add strength.

Daren
Old 08-31-2004, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

good tips guys. as of the two different brands, do yall see any big differents between them?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Steve, Here are a few pics of the jegs bar. It now has a removable crossbar, but other than that, it is a real good fit. I daily drive the car and other than the door bar being a lil bit of a pain for me to get my butt over, it really doesn't get in the way. I never did a rollbar in my life and it wasn't that hard to do at all. Just make sure you measure and remeasure before you cut. Other nice tools to have other than a MIG welder, chopsaw, or a bandsaw to cut the angles for the door bars and the over the seat bars and a couple magnet clamps that can hold **** at various angles and two buddies to help hold stuff and to provide sanity checks on your measuring....I know I needed it. The bars are notched but we had to clean up two or three to get em to fit decently....but it was still $$ in my pocket as I had all the tools here to do it, so that didn't cost a thing.
For the money I paid it was a good buy and I am very happy with it and the way it turned out.........but I will be getting a swing out kit one day lol.

J
Old 08-31-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats who i was talking about Steve. I knew you would post up in here sooner or later Jer.
Kyle
Old 08-31-2004, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

frcfed98, thanks for the detailed write up on it. looks like i will be giving jegs a call. a little moding to fit, more money in my pocket, sounds like its right up my alley.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to bring up a thread that is a little old, but I was searching and had a quick question. Would the roll bar above with all the pictures be NHRA legal (down to 10.00)? Because it does not have a crossbar. I was under the impression that there needed to be a crossbar to be legal. Is a removable crossbar legal? I'm just wondering in case I ever get fast enough to need one. My car would still be driven all the time on the street, but i would want to be able to take it to the track. And being able to haul people in the backseat would be nice (without a crossbar). Can someone tell me about this. Remember, I'm just a newbie
Old 09-23-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah these guys here on the Drag Tech section talked some sense into me, it now has a removable crossbar in there.....but it wasn't in when I took the pics as I wanted to haul people back there .....not a good idea, so now she is just a two seater. Like the others have said no one should be put back there when a bar is in.

From what I understand its not NHRA legal, but its was passed by the track tech here at the local track, and I even have my track cert sticker on itThey are a lil lax here. But its no way NHRA legal unless its welded in from my understanding.
J
Old 09-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Teching In

with the whole tig weld deal i honestly seen some migs that look better, get the chromemoly and just say the welder sucked. odds of them being able to tell is in your favor.