Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of progress made this past week.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Pictures of progress made this past week.

This week I had the Wolfe 10 point cage installed. The cage was installed by Tuff Performance in two days and while the car was there they built me an aluminum wing. I had second thoughts about the wing but it cost me less to have them build me one that buying a SS spoiler so I went for it.

I also received the pin on SS hood from Glasstek so I went ahead and installed it also using Sparco hood pins.

The last addition of the week was bolting on the Magnum drag rims I had powdercoated black.

As you can see the car needs a paint job so I'm still trying decide on what color to paint the car. I will either have it resprayed silver or maybe do a two tone black and silver.

My friend and I have been working on this car for a while now, but it is finally coming together. We hope to be at Thunder, but we are going to cut it pretty close.

Keep you updated guys thanks for looking.

Old 10-16-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool looks good!

Looking forward to seeing it all completed!

Old 10-16-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

HUM.....YES....but where is the chute mount and wheelie bars? very nice car!
But where is the engine bay pic? Did I miss it?
Old 10-17-2004, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

no wheelie bars or chute here. I will have engine bay pics soon.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey dope.........

with a wing like that, you can't not have a chute. you must be building a pretty radical car if that's required as ARE and y2k's cars both run factory spoilers, as will i when i start hitting the single digits next year.

very sharp though. and yeah....where are the motor pics?????? if it's in yet of course.

later,
Dave
Old 10-18-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOOKING GREAt.REMINDS ME A LOT OF MY 95 Z.9'S ARE FUN.....8S ARE BETTER.TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK~daeDAL
Old 10-18-2004, 05:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2crzy4u
hey dope.........

with a wing like that, you can't not have a chute. you must be building a pretty radical car if that's required as ARE and y2k's cars both run factory spoilers, as will i when i start hitting the single digits next year.

very sharp though. and yeah....where are the motor pics?????? if it's in yet of course.

later,
Dave
With wings like that you can have a chute

BTW this is not my car
Old 10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

The reason we had the wing fabricated was because I couldn't find any SS spoilers for a good price. The shop that installed the cage had and LT1 style Camaro out back with one of these aluminum wings and we thought it looked pretty cool. The price was $350 with the adjustable rods which was right around the same price we were going to pay for a used SS spoiler. So we went ahead and had the wing done and hopefully it will help stabalize the car a little on the top end.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

That looks wicked from the rear. The cage work is really nice too. I assume you'll be cutting the stock dash and refitting it to the car?
Old 10-18-2004, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
This week I had the Wolfe 10 point cage installed. The cage was installed by Tuff Performance in two days and while the car was there they built me an aluminum wing. I had second thoughts about the wing but it cost me less to have them build me one that buying a SS spoiler so I went for it.

I also received the pin on SS hood from Glasstek so I went ahead and installed it also using Sparco hood pins.

The last addition of the week was bolting on the Magnum drag rims I had powdercoated black.

As you can see the car needs a paint job so I'm still trying decide on what color to paint the car. I will either have it resprayed silver or maybe do a two tone black and silver.

My friend and I have been working on this car for a while now, but it is finally coming together. We hope to be at Thunder, but we are going to cut it pretty close.

Keep you updated guys thanks for looking.

Car looks good, you gonna have it ready to crack some 4.6 and 5.4 mustangs at the Clash of the Titans in Baytown on the 30th?? What class will you be running in at thunder?
Old 10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Whats under the hood?
Old 10-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
LOOKING GREAt.REMINDS ME A LOT OF MY 95 Z.9'S ARE FUN.....8S ARE BETTER.TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK~daeDAL

Old 10-19-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

nothing really special under the hood. just a couple forged parts and a lot of dope.