Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any newbie 1/4-milers near Temple, TX interested in crash course?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any newbie 1/4-milers near Temple, TX interested in crash course?

Hey all. I have been itching to take my goat out to the nearest dragstrip, Temple Academy Raceway, in Temple Tx. Having never raced anything other than from stoplight to stoplight, I am a bit hesitant being the newbie on track and would like to avoid the Sat night crowds, so I asked Greg at the TAR if they have a program for wannabes like me.

The folks their have been discussing this type of idea in the past, but they are not sure of the response. He indicated that if they got enough people to sign up that would consider doing these every couple of months.

So, I guess there are others within commute distance of Temple who are like me and considering going to the track, but the newness is holding you back. If anyone else is interested in the idea, post a note here, or contact Greg direct at: greg@templeacademy.com. Or check out their site at: http://www.templeacademy.com. Even you lurkers should jump on this one!

Dont make me the only loser, non-drag racing, gear missing, rev limiting, skip shifting, light jumping, GTO newbie on the track.

//dan
Old 04-09-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get out there and give her hell don't worry about messing up or red lighting. It happens. Just go you will love it.