Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using hood pins and removing hood latch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 05:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone using hood pins and removing hood latch?

Any problems with doing this? I was thinking of using the hood stops as the mounting points for the pins but they are pretty far back behind the headlights. I have a WS6 hood.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We drilled four holes on our fiberglass bumper support and the shock towers. Here is how ours is mounted, previous to being painted:
Old 04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

I used the hood stops as mounting points. No problem with doing this. Make sure you want to get rid of the hood latch though. 2 times now I have kicked myself right square in the nuts, cause I forgot to put the hood pins back in. Not only did i score myself 2 f-ed up hoods, but 2 busted out windsheilds.

Dane
Old 04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juiced346
I used the hood stops as mounting points. No problem with doing this. Make sure you want to get rid of the hood latch though. 2 times now I have kicked myself right square in the nuts, cause I forgot to put the hood pins back in. Not only did i score myself 2 f-ed up hoods, but 2 busted out windsheilds.

Dane

yikes!!!! i've got a bolt on c/f vfn hood that with the extra weight savings over fiberglass is worth me keeping the hinges and latch for convenience as well as probably going to use a lock style hood pin/hood lock setup. but man, that had to suck, especially the 2nd time!

Dave
Old 04-11-2005, 08:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juiced346

Dane
That BLOWS. I lost a hood like that once on the highway on my old '79 Camaro.